Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

New pole

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pole

Gents lots of advice on internet but still difficult to see through some comments.
    looking at a few poles. Currently have the 2012 daiwa black whisker 16m. Still excellent condition but fancy a change.
    Considering a few
    Tks 701 2g been told this would be really heavy at 16m and not an upgrade ????
    daiwa tournament x16m. Been told I would not see any difference until 14.5m????
    its a minefield any advice please

if honest i am struggling to find any problems in the real world on the bank with map poles, had a 801, 901 & now the 901 2g.
    as i have posted before chap in our club has done a few sections on daiwa air & another top end daiwa, im convinced its more down to the angler,, ie...setting the pole rollers correct, being heavy handed,
    regarding weight..i struggle to fish 16m for two days running as i have a back problem,,its not the pole..its me.
    have a good "waggle" in a pole alley & most times your new pole will be the one your more comfy with

Comment

Got a 701 2 G and do not think it is heavy. To be honest I only fish it at 16m when needs must but have fished it all day with no problems. The pole is decent section wall strength seems good and the pole is very stiff. Not used diawas so cannot compare but I would recommend that you give the MAP a go if you know someone who has one.

Comment

Both brand new poles with full match setups.
        701 2g £1100 or daiwa tourney £2200

Comment

go and have a look at the browning range !

Comment

Originally posted by vortex8217 View Post
            go and have a look at the browning range !
            Na, it will be either one of those two

Comment

Hi mate
              Ive had the whisker and now have the pro x
              the whisker is a great pole- but the pro x is better.
              slightly stiffer at all lengths,when I bought the whisker I compared it to a tourney pro at fosters
              the tourney pro was slightly faster in the tip,but I went for the whisker because it was a lot less and I don't really fish at 16m much. The pro x is a step up from the tourney pro that I compared the whisker to and is slightly better again. Of course you'll be able to use your top kits from your whisker,which is a big bonus compared to the map.
              Personally I'd go for the daiwa if you have the money- you won't regret it. Shame you live so far away- you could have brought your whisker round and compared the 2 side by side.
              Let us know what you decide
              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
                Hi mate
                Ive had the whisker and now have the pro x
                the whisker is a great pole- but the pro x is better.
                slightly stiffer at all lengths,when I bought the whisker I compared it to a tourney pro at fosters
                the tourney pro was slightly faster in the tip,but I went for the whisker because it was a lot less and I don't really fish at 16m much. The pro x is a step up from the tourney pro that I compared the whisker to and is slightly better again. Of course you'll be able to use your top kits from your whisker,which is a big bonus compared to the map.
                Personally I'd go for the daiwa if you have the money- you won't regret it. Shame you live so far away- you could have brought your whisker round and compared the 2 side by side.
                Let us know what you decide
                Purchased the tourney m8. Won’t get it until monday

Comment

Working...
                X