Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pole advice sought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole advice sought

At the moment I have a MAP TKS Power Carp 2 13m which is great for fishing short and down the edge. Anything over 11.5m I find it top heavy and uncomfortable.
    Most of the time I manage fine but occasionally I find that the lack of pole length leaves me at a disadvantage.
    I am thinking of getting a second hand MAP pole (so that my top kits fit) at longer length. Either a 14.5m or 16m
    Although I don't really expect to require the full 16m length often (if at all), would using the 16m pole at 14.5m be more comfortable than the 14.5m at full length?
    I regularly fish commercials and expect to get some silverfish as well as carp to mid double figure.
    My budget is up to £500, hopefully less..and any practical advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Its generally accepted that the shorter you fish a pole the better the handling is, so at 13 mtr a 16 mtr pole will be more manageble than your 13 mtr Power Carp. It makes sense to look at a a MAP pole for top kit compatability. Some Sensas and Daiwa poles are compatable with a range of MAP poles. Sure Big Col can give a good list of them. £500 second hand should get you a reasonable pole with a good few top kits.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

A spray bar would be very helpful too

Comment

Working...
      X