Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Daiwa pole? Margin pole suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daiwa pole? Margin pole suggestion

hi all
    i use a daiwa tournament pro x as my main pole,but I don't like to use it when there's ridiculously big carp down the edge,so I needed a margin pole,but didn't want to fork out on a daiwa with interchangeable sections,which would have been £500 plus.
    i bought a 9 metre browning argon margin pole which comes with one top kit for £60 from bobco tackle- and sent off for a browning top kit adaptor section,which converts the number 4on the margin pole from a 18mm to a 22mm- the same size as a daiwa number 4.
    i can now use all my daiwa top kits on this margin pole including my cupping kit for an outlay of £60 plus the £20 for the adaptor section.
    now,I'm not expecting the browning to be as well balanced and lovely to fish with as the daiwa,but for big lumps in the margins it is ideal. I broke a number 5 on my daiwa recently- which would cost £300 plus to replace- but if I was to break a section on the browning a whole replacement pole would be £60 and I'd have loads of spare sections.
    I just thought I'd share this with you and maybe save you some money.
    the adaptor section came from pecheur in Belgium and arrived in 5 days.
    heres the link

https://www.pecheur.com/en/gb/buy-ki...hoCFt4QAvD_BwE
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?
Working...
X