Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Rigs for Westfield Country Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigs for Westfield Country Park

Hi all

I am going away in May again for our annual fishing holiday

There are three lakes on site and I am looking to make up some rigs for the feeder, also my pole and possibly pellet waggler as well. I know that a feeder should have a 4" hook length ideally. The question is what length should I make the pole and pellet waggler rigs. I am not sure of the depth of the margins in any of the lakes. I assume they are around 2 - 4 ft.

Below are the depths of the three lakes on site, just to give people an idea and to offer assistance

Lake 1 covers a little over an acre and is a long thin stretch of water with fishing from both sides, with the pegs staggered so you are not directly opposite another angler on the far bank. Depths between 4 ft and 6 ft.

Lake 2 is the largest at just over 2 and a half acres, this water does have a central island to target. Depths between 4 ft and 6 ft.

Lake 3 is circular in shape and again has an island, just over an acre in total size with depths up to 12ft. (wouldn't be using my pole for this lake)

Many Thanks

Preston_Mark
    Last edited by Preston_Mark; 21st March 2019, 08:14 PM.
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

What Species are in there ,What baits are Banned ?
    Colin

Comment

Apologies forgot to add

Westfield Lakeland Park is stocked with carp to 27lb 8oz and bream to 12lb 4oz. Lake 2 has tench to 4lb 4oz, ghosties to 9lb. rudd, roach and perch to 1lb 8oz, barbel of a pound, plus the odd small chub. For the larger carp try legered hair-rigged corn/luncheon meat, while tench have a penchant for float-fished bread or bead paste. Try a feeder fished redworm tipped with a caster for the bream.

Boilies are banned from the fishery, no tiger nuts, meat has to be hooked only, 2kg groundbait per person for the whole stay. I'm sure some other baits are banned as well but can't remember off the top of my head. My bait of choice is either maggots or casters/pellets banded

Hope this helps
      Last edited by Preston_Mark; 21st March 2019, 09:15 PM.
      Mark

Comment

Anyone
        Mark

Comment

Pellet & Maggot are pretty much the way to go I would think,perhaps Corn and meat for the edge,make your pole rigs at 7ft so your covered depth wise,Waggler wise just a 10 inch hook length should suffice.Bag of gb and a bag of micros,a few 4m and 6m pellets and away you go,enjoy.
          OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Thanks Mart
            Mark

Comment

Working...
            X