Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Matchman hooktyer.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matchman hooktyer.

It wont work any better than the first one I bought from Billy Hines about 40 years ago but it looks pretty and with a bit of luck I may not lose this one.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

that looks posh !!
    Did you lose your other??
    They don't usually wear out that Quick
    I had mine from Greenway's Tyseley from Dave Lodge 1972
    still got 1 of the 2 i brought the other cracked
    Colin

Comment

Forever loosing them Col,that one was £3.00 posted from China,My Dad had the same thing with disgorgers,get home take it from behind his ear,put it down,,,,gone ,till he found out Mom had been putting them away with the rest of her crochet hooks....
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

i started with the matchman hook tyer then the drennan hook tyer then the stonfo hook tyer then the sensas luxury hook tyer followed by a similar hook tyer made in england and better quality then went for the stonfo calibrone hook tyer then went back to the normal stonfo and now i have just bought the gizmo zt-lite hook tying station

Comment

i still use both the Matchman & the Drennan ,
          Never seen a need to spend the Ridiculous prices of these New Fangled machines
          i can easily tie up to 50 hooks per hour,if need be.
          usually just re tie any i want to replace .
          Disgorgers . Am i the only angler that always buys a few every time i go to a tackle shop ?
          Always got about 10 in my box both small & large .
          At home i have a 2'6" square Tea chest full Sad Git lol
          Last edited by BIG COL; 1 week ago.
          Colin

Comment

i still take a stonfo hand held with me and the calibrone is a good hook tyer but the gizmo is the best ive used, with disgorgers i use the ringers because they float and im forever dropping things

Comment

Working...
            X