Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Groundbait whisk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reckon a decent drill and spare battery is the most important thing...As you have stated whisks are much of a muchness...

Comment

Got the drill and battery mate, couple at the ready.
      just thought id ask as ive never used one, so wondered if any to avoid
      River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

Originally posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
        How strange am I as I mix my g/b the night before by hand and it works. I feel that your hands and fingers give you more info than a drill, however I am very old school.
        Personally i can't really see the need for a Drill {unless you are gonna hang curtains or pictures on trees)
        I used to Mix Continental G/B @ home using Tap water ,I honestly thought it was Crap it Never worked for me .
        So i went back to Good old Bread Crumb with Drinking Chocolate mixed in plus Salt & Aniseed. Favourite mix .
        I must have been a Fantastic Salesman because for about 4 years i made a Very good living .Selling to the Shops &; the Public
        I even Sold Boilies & Carp addictive for Kevin Maddox .
        It had been @ least 2 years since i had used any of it ,Apart from Picardie on Canals for Gudgeon &; in mini Drennan feeders Roach on cold dirty Rivers ,Barbel @ Worcester loved it.
        Jan Van Shenckle who i had met a few times ,came over to fish an International ,We arranged to meet @ Edgbaston. He wanted to fish for Bream on this Pole that was as long as our Street
        10 mtrs. He had 3 buckets each with 4 bags of G/B plus a bag of PVA binder He mixed them all by Hand &; a garden Trowel all 3 buckets had 1 different bag in them the 1st bucket had the most Binder in it & also leam & a cup of Salt ,the 2nd had about 1/2 the amount of Leam & Binder plusa 1/3rd of a bag of Explosive ^ the 3rd Had No Leam or Binder but it was replaced with 3/4 bag of Explosive .They were all made into Great big balls .then pole was placed on the water &; for the next 10 minutes it resembled the blitz
        Each bucket was fed in turn 15 balls to each bucket from 6ft to the left to right &; Past &; Short .All 15 balls from 1st went followed by All 15 of the second followed by 12 of the 3rd this left 3 as a back up if things went quiet. He did not feed again at all . He fished for 4 hrs &; caught all day ,the bites would slow Down for a few mins & then pick up again @ the bites woud continue
        He ended up with 37 Bream in 4 hrs
        We then spent the next 4 hrs in the Pub with him explaining everything you would ever need to know about Groundbait
        When , Where,& Why you should use them & also .How to mix correctly.
        He said that it should always be mixed on the Bank with the water you will be throwing it into ..After mixing your Ingredients with your hands ,sifting the mix through
        your Fingers & rubbing it vigorously between your hands add water from the venue mixing all the time with your hand. When it holds together by squeezing in 1 hand
        put your mix though a riddle .Give it another quick mix & if you want to add leam or Binder to a part of your Mix to stay hard on the Bottom to work later this is the time to do it
        Form this part of your Mix into Balls & swill with water so they dont Break up on impact & Remain intact to work later
        The only time he advised to prepare G/B the night before would be for an inert mix ,even then he would never use Tap water.
        He said he always used water from his natural garden pond or even water from the venue where possible other alternative is Rain Water .
        So Rick stick your Drill i dont want 1 i will mix mine by Hand mainly on the Bank
        As soon as i started mixing the Stuff as i had been told with venue water my catch rates soared .
        Jan said the main reason Picardie worked for me was because it was always mixed on the bank
        Last edited by BIG COL; 2nd January 2019, 09:32 PM. Reason: removing amp
        Colin

Comment

Whats amp??

Comment

Col, lets face it when you last did that i doubt battery drills where invented never mind a whisk
            and i didnt ask if you wanted one, did i?

molehill soil as good as any leam

so i will be ordering my whisk and be making life easier for Ireland, mix on the bank side, nice n fluffy with a better mix done in a few minuits which equals more time to set up and spend time looking for drop offs, shelves while its settling.
            the only place il be sticking it is up my chuck
            Last edited by Rick b; 2nd January 2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
              Whats amp??
              Rob i haven't got a clue every time i type and in as a Symbol on T/A its followed by amp ,
              its only on here nowhere else .
              i forgot to remove them Sorry !!
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Rick b View Post
                Col, lets face it when you last did that i doubt battery drills where invented never mind a whisk
                and i didnt ask if you wanted one, did i?

molehill soil as good as any leam

so i will be ordering my whisk and be making life easier for Ireland, mix on the bank side, nice n fluffy with a better mix done in a few minuits which equals more time to set up and spend time looking for drop offs, shelves while its settling.
                the only place il be sticking it is up my chuck
                Now Now Mr Grumpy dont go getting your Nickers in a Twist
                As Spadger would say Calm down , Calm down !
                I didn't know you wanted 1 for Ireland ,i assumed you would be adding 1 to your Gear for this Country ,i do apologise
                Next time you Spend a day gathering Molehill Soil would you be so kind as to Collect some for me Please ,
                Over the years i have used tonnes of G/B .I will admit to using a Drill years ago in Ireland but it was the late Great Bobby Smithers R.I.P that carried it
                Have you got a Folding shovel ?/
                Last edited by BIG COL; 2nd January 2019, 11:36 PM.
                Colin

Comment

Im glad the amp thing was cleared up Col,I thought It was hemp then I discarded that notion and settled on an electrifying G/B i hadn't heard of.

Comment

Col, i did say in post 14 when replying to John it was for Ireland, no wonder you didnt see that waggler dipping last week if you cant see that.
                    Anway ive ordered the browning one, so if it comes by Friday i might just bring it along to annoy you on Saturday if your still coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Fott View Post
                      Im glad the amp thing was cleared up Col,I thought It was hemp then I discarded that notion and settled on an electrifying G/B i hadn't heard of.
                      Shocking Bob Shocking enough to Con Fuse any one
                      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Rick b View Post
                        Col, i did say in post 14 when replying to John it was for Ireland, no wonder you didnt see that waggler dipping last week if you cant see that.
                        Anway ive ordered the browning one, so if it comes by Friday i might just bring it along to annoy you on Saturday if your still coming.
                        Of Course i am Coming Saturday ,I am going Tomorrow & Friday as well !! Severn has dropped like the Clappers with these Night Frosts .only about 18" on @ Stourport today when i went & Checked
                        I might go Severn 1 day & Avon the other .was thinking Fladbury below Bridge
                        Shovel wasn't a joke its to skim the Mud off Platforms
                        Didn't see your answer mentioning Ireland until after
                        Last edited by BIG COL; 3rd January 2019, 04:05 AM.
                        Colin

Comment

I have Spoken to Rick this Morning about our Fishing trip Saturday ,
                          He informed me he may be Bringing his Drill with him to Mix His Groundbait ,
                          After much Deliberation i said i will take a Camping Cooker & some Oats & Porridge for him to whisk up for me .
                          He must have purloined the stuff that he's bringing to thicken the Porridge ,from Someone @ the Hospital e Works @
                          "BOTTOX" was his reply
                          I hope i don't end up with lips like Mick Jagger
                          Colin

Comment

Use rain water from a garden butt because our tap water is so hard and full of lime scale.
                            John

Comment

He he he he

Comment

Colin

Comment

Working...
                                X