Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pole repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pole repair

where do you take your broken poles to in the west midlands

Hi hawb81

Just done a quick google search and this came up

ESSELLE POLE REPAIRS

6 ST JOHNS CLOSE,

HUGGLESCOTE,

LEICS.

LE67 2FY.

Not sure if this is of any use to you
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Comment

Brian G is the guy to talk to.Send him a pm.
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

shop wise can recommend Fosters & Bilston Angling supplies .
        Both do an amazing job.
        Most match Anglers could give you the name of someone that does repairs.
        Our Very own Chief Administrator Brian is also a bit of a WIZZARD as far as
        Repairs are concerned .
        If you think back a while Brian gave plenty of very informative Advice on how to
        fix rods & poles .
        Give him a shout ,I have No doubt that with his Engineering background his work will be 1st class !!
        Colin

Comment

I have not done any repairs for a couple of years, pretty sure I will have enough cloth, and resin to do a repair. Repairing your own is non to difficult, of those that I done for others non come back, so guess the were ok. If you find it difficult to find a local source I will happily have a look. Crushes and splits are pretty straight forward, if they are in two pieces alignment is pretty crucial. I made some jigs to hold the sections straight, whilst the resin sets up.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

I first purchased this kit to see if it worked, to be fair my first effort was great for fishing a corner peg, as it was that bent. After a bit of elbow grease with some wet and dry paper I managed to break the join and realign it, Thats when I made the jigs. http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Products...epair-kit.aspx
            The kit advertised covered about 4 or 5 repairs to number 4 or 5 section, So reasonable value for the price.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X