Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Mini Spomb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Spomb

Thinking of buying a mini spomb to feed pellets into a tight area 40mtr out into lake to get a bed of feed down [not this time of year i might add]would this be a good tool for the job . I have tryed a catty but this spreads the pellets unless i use large pellets, my aim is to get micros or hemp out at that sort of distance. The ytube vids look good. Would these gadgets be band in matches ? can;t see the blokes on nearby pegs being happy, just a thought does the mini spod make more noise/ splash than say a method feeder. Thanks all Gerry

A spomb or a spod will do the job,a spod is cheaper and quicker but the spomb is more aerodynamic and avoids any spill.
    Never realy measured it or thought about spash compared to a method feeder,probably related to size?
    As for matches it seems anything new that appears to work or requires new equipment to put into practice is an automatic candidate for a ban.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Geoff Ringer on spodding for bream - YouTube

I don't think spodding or spombing is against the rules in matches, unless the venue or match organiser specifically bans it. If its not against the rules and the lads on the next pegs don't like it, tough. Like hurricane says, though, if you master it and start emptying a place regularly by spodding bait, then you can guarantee a few childish blokes will spit their dummies out and complain and then it'll end up banned!
      Steve

Comment

Mini Spomb is ideal,if allowed to be used.splash down is minimal if feathered down properly when casting.and can be cast on standard medium/heavy feeder rod as weight is under 3oz when filled.same with korda mina skyliner spod.

Comment

It's effective on the right venue but on others it can kill a swim.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, i will take all your comments on board and give the mini spomb a try,

Comment

Before you spend your hard earned,check how much feed you can put into a mini spomb,it aint a lot.
              Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

better of casting a cage feeder with pellet/special groundbait mix 6-12 times b4 fishing, spombs are a gr8 idea but make a lot of splash no lakes round here as banned them 'yet'

Comment

I've just got my tickets for the Still water champs and it states in the rules no spods or spombs. Would the bagging waggler be allowed?

Comment

Working...
                  X