Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

flavours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flavours

hi guys I have tried loads off different flavours, I must admit it has not really convinced me that they make much difference, it seems to me the fish are there or not. do you have any success's with flavours I still be leave there is something in it maybe I have not found the right one.

None at all, bin em.
    Fish eat things because they like em and are used to them being food sources, you don't see fish farms adding flavours to their feed pellets.
    I've got bottles of all sorts in my garage and anyone who wants to come round our house is welcome to em.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Hi Dave.

Got any scopex or robin red.

all the best steve.

Comment

Big believer in flavours and additives.had too many occasions when they have worked,to be just coincidence

Comment

Got robin red Steve deffo. You can have all I have mate, giveme10 mins and ill post what I have. You welcome to em all mate.
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Here you go Steve.
            1x mainline stick mix
            1x Maryuku sangia
            1x source
            1x robin red
            1x tutti frutti
            1x liquid betaine
            1x predator plus
            1x liquid pellet

All with loads or at least half a bottle available to you at the bargain price of naff all, your welcome to em mate.

Comment

I'm with Spadger but I still keep trying em!

Comment

Hi Dave .

Nice one, keep hold of um, i will get them off you, if you are on that Blundels match with eggy ferry.

All the best steve.

Comment

Originally posted by pudsli View Post
                  Hi Dave .

Nice one, keep hold of um, i will get them off you, if you are on that Blundels match with eggy ferry.

All the best steve.
                  your names on em mate.

Comment

I know folk catch using flavours and like most I've dabbled, but I reckon fish are caught in spite of flavours rather than because of them.
                    I've even had a chap on another forum trying to tell me he could catch fish on a dipped fag end.
                    I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

A wise man once said " flavours catch more anglers than fish "
                      When I started 40 yrs ago with my Centerpin and Cane rod all we had was worms n bread couldnt afford maggots never mind groundbait
                      Dont think the fish have changed or read the marketing hipe that go with all the new catch everything that swims bait
                      seems funny only last week Angling Times where quoting that traditional baits are making a comeback

Comment

I think the key to it all is feeding and feeding what the fish want rather than flavours. The top anglers seem to get this right.

Comment

Originally posted by welbecker View Post
                          A wise man once said " flavours catch more anglers than fish "
                          When I started 40 yrs ago with my Centerpin and Cane rod all we had was worms n bread couldnt afford maggots never mind groundbait
                          Dont think the fish have changed or read the marketing hipe that go with all the new catch everything that swims bait
                          seems funny only last week Angling Times where quoting that traditional baits are making a comeback
                          Traditional baits comeback, have they been away.
                          I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                          He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

I think there probably is some place for flavours/additives, but theyre not the catch-everything-that-swims wonderbait that theyre marketed to be. And they are no substitute for correct feeding and bait presentation.

A couple of years ago, I tried using various flavours after seeing all the hype about them, in particular Marukyu krill powder on maggots. I had some cracking days fishing using flavours, but I had some rubbish ones too. And I think the good days were because the fish were there in the first place and I got my feeding right to keep them in my swim and keep catching them. Since then, I've decided I'm better off learning as much as I can about correct feeding in different situations, and correct bait choice/rig selection/shotting etc etc.

I know some top anglers believe 100% in using flavours. Steve Ringer is one of them. But again, he isn't using the flavour as a substitute for correct feeding, rather he uses it to try to gain an edge over other anglers who are also feeding properly.

I think, though, that there might be days in winter when it's really cold where using a flavour will stimulate fish to feed when they just won't take plain baits.
                            Steve

Comment

what flavours are you most confident with in the winter

Comment

Working...
                              X