Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

bream feeding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bream feeding

im fishing the pole tomorrow for bream, feeding micro pellets and maggot, whats the best way to feed

I would feed a couple of balls of omen groundbait or something of that ilk with some dead red maggots,bream are grazers bottom feeders,should get bites pretty quick,if not pack up and go down the pub
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

I can use groundbait but there is not much response to it, micro pellets are much more effective, do I cup in or toss pot

Comment

When in doubt do as bob nudd does. Large initial feed of balled groundbait with pellet, caster, dead maggot and a bit of corn. Fish a bit overdepth and top up with small nuggets of your groundbait mix when required. Bream are shoaling fish, so where there is one there are almost always more. Don't forget the white flat cap otherwise you'll catch sod all.

Comment

If you are using micros instead of grounbait
          Add a few Dead reds to well soaked pellet squeeze into a Ball & Cup it in from approx 2ft above water
          This will ensure pellet is on bottom & not slowly falling through water,bringing fish off the bottom
          if not sure add a little binder to your pellets
          Colin

Comment

standard way in matches if putting a couple of balls in is to leave it for 30-45 minutes for the fish to settle, if you go straight over it you may catch 2 or 3 quick fish but spook the rest and go along time without a bite and never really get them to settle, far better to have fish grazing and pick them off one at a time.
            I fish a venue that's full of big skimmers but groundbait is banned, seems the best way here in winter is a big pot of micros with a bit of hemp at the start spread over quite a wide area with no maggots, if you feed maggots you seem get a lot of small roach in the swim, leave it a while then go over it with 2-3 dead maggots but even then you get two good fish on the bounce then go 20 minutes without a bite then you'll get another two from nowhere, it'll go like this for the whole match and everyone says the same, you weigh 20-25lb but come away thinking you should've had 50lb.

Comment

Paul most fisheries around the Midlands Ban virtualy eveything
              Hemp & Ground bait are Top of the list
              The person asking the question said he had Micros /Dead maggots
              Hence my reply
              My preference personaly would be a few casters & a little chopped worm
              as you point out maggot does stir small fish into action
              Colin

Comment

I know what you mean mate, my local fishery has some crazy bait bans, i.e no groundbait, no method feeders, no open end feeders and on and on it goes but there is no bait limits so some jokers are coming in the summer and putting 2 gallon of hemp in and foul hooking virtually everything that goes in the net, end result of all the madness is what was once one of the most popular fisheries in the area now gets 7 or 8 turn up for a sunday open, I love the place because the fishing is hard but rewarding if you do it right and you can win from any peg but even I'm going elsewhere as soon as the open matches start up.

Comment

If you were allowed to use Various Baits rather than a set list of Maybe 4 or 5 Supermarket Baits
                  That virtualy limit you to catching Only Carp
                  Anglers would be truly amazed by the quality of Real fish that live in most commercials
                  Stupid bans like Hemp ,Bread,etc are Ridiculous IMO
                  Its about time more Owners took a long Hard look @ the rules & Bans that they have in Force
                  Most of them stem from the Early commercial fisheries that were opened by Farmers who did not have a clue about Fish or Fishing
                  Yes do have rules & Possibly Sensible Limits but dont Ban Baits just for the sake of it
                  There are even Anglers fishing to a fairly High level these days that only ever Fish for Carp or Bloody F1s
                  who can only fish with Supermarket baits
                  a 5 hour match with Bread punch on most commercials would throw up loads of Double figure weights of Roach etc (Hardly any Bread would be fed)
                  Colin

Comment

fed a preston big cup of soaked micros with just a few dead reds and a few grains of corn, put a feeder out for 45 mins then went over the fed area with a pole, was really hard had 4 skimmers and 2 bream 2Lb plus, plus 4 small roach and a perch. this pool is mainly roach , skimmers, bream, tench and perch with some old carp and a good head of pike. I don't match fish and can regularly catch up to 20Lb roach, there are no bait restrictions for members so we have a large choice and we can even used micro barbed hooks, we very rarely catch carp on the pole there are not that many in the pool, when I fish im not that bothered what species of fish I hook into as long as I don't blank and enjoy the day

Comment

Hawb81
                      Where did you go today & did you Catch??
                      Colin

Comment

Message posted @ same time lol
                        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by paulb View Post
                          I know what you mean mate, my local fishery has some crazy bait bans, i.e no groundbait, no method feeders, no open end feeders and on and on it goes but there is no bait limits so some jokers are coming in the summer and putting 2 gallon of hemp in and foul hooking virtually everything that goes in the net, end result of all the madness is what was once one of the most popular fisheries in the area now gets 7 or 8 turn up for a sunday open, I love the place because the fishing is hard but rewarding if you do it right and you can win from any peg but even I'm going elsewhere as soon as the open matches start up.
                          I sometimes wonder if fishery owners really know anything about fishing with all these bans

Comment

Working...
                          X