Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

same mandril?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• same mandril?

hi,if you buy a pole.............and find out another pole(different name...same company)are both made on the same mandrill............does that mean that all sections fit?or just the top kits?
    thanks

How would you know which mandrill has been used?
    I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

If they're made on the same mandrel all of the sections should fit as long as the female and male diameters are the same or close enough so that you could sand the section slightly to make them fit.

Comment

jethro,I rang company who made the poles..........they told me 3 poles were made on same mandril

Comment

although poles can be made on the same mandrill for different manufacturers,the carbon cloth,and cosmetic finish can be completely different,so some sections can have a thicker outer diameter at the ferrule end,both male and female ends,so may not oversleeve properly.

Comment

both these poles are made by tricast............I have a tricast neutron pole..............the volterra was made on the same mandrill as the neutron............I think the talisman aswell.........Im after a no4 section for my neutron pole...................just don't know if its just the top kits that fit from these poles or all sections?

Comment

As far as I know all sections from the poles you mentioned are compatible. Sections from some of the earlier poles also fit that tricast range.

Comment

Tri cast is best to call highfield angling as they will sort you out and very helpful

Comment

Originally posted by pete from towcester View Post
                  jethro,I rang company who made the poles..........they told me 3 poles were made on same mandril
                  Sound.
                  I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                  He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

highfield angling are closed until 3rd march due to refurb

Comment

Working...
                    X