Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fosters of Birmingham

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fosters of Birmingham

As posted on the Fosters FB page today.......................

Fosters of Birmingham

*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ ***

Here at Angling Direct plc we are focused on providing you with a remarkable customer experience. Ultimately, this was also the aim for Fosters of Birmingham, so when Angling Direct acquired the business in 2017 we fully committed to maintaining and strengthening this experience.
    Upon acquisition and with both companies having such similar values and philosophies, Angling Direct intentionally decided to keep the Fosters of Birmingham website as a separate entity.
    Fast forward 12 months – yes it really has been a whole year! We now feel that it’s the right time to unify Angling Direct and Fosters of Birmingham by combining our websites. In doing so we can communicate more efficiently and effectively from one platform, raising service standards and in turn the satisfaction and engagement for you our valued customer.
    Rest assured you can expect the same focus and high-quality service from the same team that you have come to know. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail, and talent for bringing together an impressive product range that gives carp, coarse, fly, predator, match, and sea anglers the very best products around in the market today, all backed by our Price checker promise.
    For all the best methods, guides, places to fish, why not check out the Angling Direct Blog pages to submerge yourself with all types of information, for all types of disciplines?
    Tune into ADTV – our YouTube channel aimed to help YOU get the best of YOUR fishing, tips, and FAQ’s for all anglers.
    GIFT CARDS:
    With immediate effect, Fosters gift cards will be accepted as payment on website purchases, as well as across our network of stores.
    FOSTERS REWARDS:
    Fosters rewards customers will be transferred to Angling Direct rewards. Accounts will be automatically created, and any outstanding rewards points will be transferred over the next 7 days.
    Customers holding reward cards for both Fosters and Angling Direct, (providing both accounts are registered to the same E-mail address) will automatically merge to one single Angling Direct account.
    Following completion of either of the above transfers, all reward customers will be notified by E-mail with details how to access their Angling Direct account.
    RECENT OR OUTSTANDING ORDERS:
    Angling Direct will fulfil all current Fosters orders through our normal processes. There is no requirement to amend or cancel an order placed through the Fosters website.
    For any questions or queries, please contact our customer service team on 01603 400 870 or by emailing support@anglingdirect.co.uk

A once great shop ruined tony

Comment

thats for sure Stuart

Comment

Yeah i got the same email- such a shame- was a great shop- i travelled the 200 mile round trip to fosters to buy a pole and also my seatbox because i knew they had plenty of options and you could actually try the pole at full length before parting with the cash.
        It’s gonna be just another angling direct now- mostly specimen orientated and only a fraction of the top match gear fosters were known for.
        Rip fosters 🙄
        Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I went over to get some Gear a few weeks ago for about £50 worth of bits & pieces plus a couple of reels
          i came out with Non of the items i wanted & they had no alternatives. a situation i have never in all the time Fosters
          have been trading !! that i hadn't experienced before
          3 Shops 30yrs Richard & every single person that have ever worked there made it into 1 of the Best all round shops
          of all time.
          It was a Sad day when Richard finally Sold up too take a well earned retirement ."Enjoy it Mate you've earned it "
          It's barely 12mths & Fosters is a shadow of its former self .
          Low Stock levels limited selection
          Still have some great staff & their bait looks good
          But it will never be the same
          Last edited by BIG COL; 10th October 2018, 02:06 AM.
          Colin

Comment

Same thing has happened to what was Climax Tackle near Sheffield.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie chub View Post
              Same thing has happened to what was Climax Tackle near Sheffield.
              And Hinders in Swindon
              John

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                I went over to get some Gear a few weeks ago for about £50 worth of bits & pieces plus a couple of reels
                i came out with Non of the items i wanted & they had no alternatives. a situation i have never in all the time Fosters
                have been trading !! that i hadn't experienced before
                3 Shops 30yrs Richard & every single person that have ever worked there made it into 1 of the Best all round shops
                of all time.
                It was a Sad day when Richard finally Sold up too take a well earned retirement ."Enjoy it Mate you've earned it "
                It's barely 12mths & Fosters is a shadow of its former self .
                Low Stock levels limited selection
                Still have some great staff & their bait looks good
                But it will never be the same
                I feel sorry for the staff there. They get all the grief and it is not there fault. It is just down to bad management.
                http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                X