Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Advice on buying a 16m pole

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on buying a 16m pole

I'm a keen pleasure angler and fairly new to pole fishing ..started 2 years ago with a "Shimano Technium XT-B 13m" and must of smashed every top it came with !! And the number 4 .. And have learnt the expensive way about looking after your pole ,but i seem to of got into a routine/system now and haven't broken any thing for a good while (touch wood) .

Sooo i bought a second hand 16m maver off here to see if i could get on with a 16m pole ...it's seems more robust than the Technium but i lot heavier, and really not fishable at 16m (to me anyway)
    So i would really like some advice on buying a decent 16m pole and be done with it ! I can't justify anymore than a £1,000 to the wife ...less would be better
    Don't want to go mad with extras ..a few tops, cupping kit ,just a solid pole that you can work with at 16m
    Thx
    Sorry if there are threads about this kinda thing

Carnt go wrong with a G20 probably wont get a better pole for the price

Comment

Daiwa G20, you could buy new but you may pick up a good 2nd hand for around £7/800. the other thing with Daiwa is they are well sought after so 2 years down the line you still have a pole that anglers want, providing its still in one piece.lol
      John

Comment

this one ??

Comment

Yep that one

only advice i would give you is forget trying them in the shop you need to hold one on the bankside with elastic fitted and toss pot only then will you know how if feels at 16mt

Comment

You can get near enough anything with that budget, if you want to buy second hand. I would definitely look at a browning z9 or z7.5 or as stated a g20. All good poles.
            [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
            [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
            [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
            [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

You can get near enough anything with that budget
              I don't want to keep mucking about ! buy one stick with it ...learn it !

Comment

Daiwa!!!!!

Comment

Have a look at the sensas 774 mate. You will get a good 2nd hand one with a load of tops for that price, easily fishable at 16m and spares are a decent price also.
                  On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Have a look at the sensas 774 mate
                    Google doesn't show much ??

Comment

Angus, I have a Garbolino G10 that I am selling for about 800 depending on how many top kits I include.
                      If you are interested, pm me your number and we can talk.

regards

Comment

OK went down to my tackle shop spoke to the pole chap there (well respected knows his onions) told him my price range and his first suggestion was the G20

only advice i would give you is forget trying them in the shop you need to hold one on the bankside with elastic fitted and toss pot only then will you know how if feels at 16mt
                        which is exactly what he said

Comment

Originally posted by Angus Campbell View Post
                          OK went down to my tackle shop spoke to the pole chap there (well respected knows his onions) told him my price range and his first suggestion was the G20

which is exactly what he said
                          Angus, thats what we told you !!! we also know our onions. lol
                          John

Comment

4 sure i'm mr.No Clue ...Thx anyway

Comment

is the xt-b up for sale then

Comment

Working...
                              X