Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

up in the water tips please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• up in the water tips please

hi lads what types of floats do you use.ie dibbers or floates.do you prefer very light ones, useing no shot on the line, or heavyier ones with shot on the line.allso do you lift on every dip, or do you wate for the lacky to fly out i just cant make my mind up.if any of you have any good tips that help you get more fish i would apprecieate them cheers. ps do you think it best to start on the deck, keep feeding with the catty, then come up, or give it 100% up in the water.

I use Garbolino DC5's. 0.12 main line, straight through for carp and 0.10 bottom for F1's. Drennan eyed carp match hooks in 18 and 20.
    I would go from the off shallow if weather dictates, the one thing iv'e found with Carp is during match hours if it's warm they will be shallow untill late in the match when you will catch down the edge.
    4 or 6mm for banding and ping what's on the hook at em. feed rate will dictate where they will be, more pellets and they will go slightly deeper, less and they will come right up into a foot under the surface. F1's will often feed 6 inches under the surface and you would never know they where there. Feed , Feed and feed again. Don't give up once youv'e started, if they show a big weight is possible.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

thanks spadger. i fish only matches dont do to bad in other ways, but just cant seem to get the hang of catching up. start of okay then seem to stop catching when outhers keep them comming. i no that some of the anglers are better than me, i do give it my best shot, maybe its having the confidence to go from the of and keep at it. great tips thanks

Comment

lead core with quick change bead
        [URL]http://talkangling.co.uk/fishing/tackle-sale/61600-high-quality-chianti-style-handmade-pole-floats-0-2-0-7-a.html[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by fishingfreek View Post
          thanks spadger. i fish only matches dont do to bad in other ways, but just cant seem to get the hang of catching up. start of okay then seem to stop catching when outhers keep them comming. i no that some of the anglers are better than me, i do give it my best shot, maybe its having the confidence to go from the of and keep at it. great tips thanks
          Never start off full length of your pole.
          Always have a mtr or 2 in reserve, they WILL back off the feed and you WILL have to follow them out at some point.
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

What type of fish u fishing for ??? An baits
            Foul hooking king

Comment

mostly big f is and carp around 4 to 8lb

Comment

Use a wilkie or malman slapper or pea. Fish a minimum 13mtr and feed from the off. It may be that for 2 hours you will hardly see any fish which can be the case so you can start fishing on the bottom first and then come up when you have liners. Feed small amounts say 6-10 4mm pellets with a banded 6mm on the hook every 20-30 seconds. You may have to alter this depending on what reaction you get from the fish. In fact stopping feeding and just lifting and dropping the float can get you bites. I always lift and drop the float and yes i lift at all bites. Use 16 mwg hooks with a haired band. White or Grey hydro (i prefer grey) and good luck i love this style of fishing.

Comment

u could also try green swimstim and ad particles to it and make it so its pretty dry for catching up in the water, this will form a cloud and fish will come up for ur bait.Ad some 4 mm pelets and corn too this works wel for me in summer months.
                  Hay spadger thought u hated carp lol

Comment

Originally posted by fishster View Post
                    u could also try green swimstim and ad particles to it and make it so its pretty dry for catching up in the water, this will form a cloud and fish will come up for ur bait.Ad some 4 mm pelets and corn too this works wel for me in summer months.
                    Hay spadger thought u hated carp lol
                    I do mate.
                    Does'nt mean i can't catch em though.

Comment

lol

Comment

Working...
                      X