Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

polaris float break

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polaris float break

broken the wooden stem in half on my polaris float, any ideas how to repair it

I would clean both sides, and half joint it by about 1/2"

Or spend another £2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

could you post a link as to where i could buy polaris floats for £2 please

Comment

I thought that's what they cost ? I have one, a bodied waggler thing about 7", and don't recall it being much more.

You mean the self locking / depth finding things?

Whats the break like? Clean or splintered? Could you lose an inch off the tip and still use it?
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

its splintered

Comment

I'll have a pop at repairing it if you send it my way.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi Hawb, my Polaris were nicked, and, at the time i had to consider the cost of replacements! at over £3.50 each plus post from ebay. I decided to make my own, i did this by buying up a quantity of the Polaris Pole Leger floats, no 3, Sail type,... they were going dirt cheap so i bought several batches of them!... these have a wire stem which i snipped off at about 25mm above the friction device! i had some decent balsa bodied floats going spare!..so i adapted them, super glued the wire stem into the body of the float, painted them up, i eventually made 10 polaris type floats of varying bouyancy this way!.. they are'nt as neat as the real thing, but they do the job. i am always on the lookout for bodied floats at boot sales to top up my stock, they are usually quite cheap too.

As for your repair!.. i wouldnt bother if i were you!.. just get a new one. Tony W.

Comment

Working...
              X