Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

An afternoon with the EA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An afternoon with the EA

I thought I'd ask you guys as we anglers don't really see a lot of the EA folks on the banks even though we should. With that in mind I thought I'd ask, have you got any questions you would like me to ask? I'm going to spend most of the day with one of their senior officers on Friday.

If you have any questions you would like me ask, send them through on here and I'll post his reply some time in the not to distant future!

Thanks

Paul

Yes. Quick research show approx 3,000,000 coarse licenses sold per year in recent years. 27 quid a pop.

Nearly 81 million quid, and in 30 years of fishing I have never been approached by an EA officer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Paul, while I am sure your intentions are well founded,are you sure you have thought this through,If your contact has a genuine concern for the views of the ea licence holders,how much better if he signed up in person and allowed anglers to express thier views directly.
      Don"t get me wrong,a direct or even semi-direct link to someone within the ea would be beneficial for ALL anglers,but the idea of ,you tell me and I will tell him and then I will tell you what he says is never going to work and the outcome will undoutably have the adverse effect to what you seem to trying to achieve.
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
        Yes. Quick research show approx 3,000,000 coarse licenses sold per year in recent years. 27 quid a pop.

Nearly 81 million quid, and in 30 years of fishing I have never been approached by an EA officer.
        In theory Luke,there is no need for ea baillifs,Almost anywhere in the country you need to pay for a day ticket,a club card or a season ticket,if the law were changed to make it the sellers responsibilty to ensure the purchaser was in possesion of a current ea licence before a permit was sold,no one could fish without paying for an ea licence.
        Yes there are a few loopholes,but it would work,and before anyone says why should proprioters be responsible for the enforcement?
        because they profit from day ticket sales,in the same way supermarkets profit from the sale of booze and cigs bit the onus is upon them to ensure they only sell to appropriate people.
        Last edited by hurricane; 20th March 2012, 11:13 PM. Reason: typo
        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Correct. As you say, fishery owners could police this.

Which is another point..... Let's take your average day ticket Stillwater. Fed by rain or topped up by hosepipe. Just what exactly have the EA done to protect the cleanliness of this Stillwater ? Nothing.

Or perhaps the EA are on rapid response standby for fishery owners when a report of poaching is called in??? It would seem not if previous stories on here are to be believed.

The rod license should apply to people that fish rivers, canals, resevoirs.
          I bet a good 40-50% of uk coarse anglers today never fish anywhere other than day ticket dug out fisheries.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Mike.
            Iv'e just noticed your location. You obviously watch that mind numbing chavvy garbage. So i therefore demand you hand back your money supermarket status with immediate effect.
            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Let the carp, see the paste !
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

What Hurricane says about the need for Bailiffs is true to some extent!.. but only where rod licenceses are concerned, we will still need Bailiffs for detecting illegal fishing and theft and for prosecutions. what would help is that the fines imposed and collected by the courts should go back into the E A coffers instead of the Government ones! after all its our money that is supporting the E A through our licence fees so why should Westminster get the fines?,... after all local authorities can keep the money collected from motorists in fines to help pay for new cameras etc. In this way i think that the E A would be more inclined to do more for us!..not only that, us anglers would think that the government is on our side, sometimes!.

Comment

Let the carp, see the paste !

Let the Pole steal a meal !
                  On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Dave, not wanting to take this thread off topic, but just a quick heads up - there's a couple of walleye planer boards up for grabs on eBay at the moment. 99¢ start, no reserve.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Dave, not wanting to take this thread off topic, but just a quick heads up - there's a couple of walleye planer boards up for grabs on eBay at the moment. 99¢ start, no reserve.
                      I'll have a butchers.

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane View Post
                        Paul, while I am sure your intentions are well founded,are you sure you have thought this through,If your contact has a genuine concern for the views of the ea licence holders,how much better if he signed up in person and allowed anglers to express thier views directly.
                        Don"t get me wrong,a direct or even semi-direct link to someone within the ea would be beneficial for ALL anglers,but the idea of ,you tell me and I will tell him and then I will tell you what he says is never going to work and the outcome will undoutably have the adverse effect to what you seem to trying to achieve.
                        He has indeed signed up in person (but not on this site), but I've spoken to him about this previously and the EA basically get slated by anglers despite the work they do, and with the work they do they dont have the time to trawl the forums and answer everyones questions or demands. So i thought, i'd take some of the most pressing questions and ask him, while we are out tomorrow looking at at some sections of river which need some work done.

I'll post my findings once written up!

Comment

Don't try and crack on a civil servant does more than 40 hrs per week.

I do 50 at work, and still have time to do work stuff in the evenings when needed, and trawl the forums, make dinner, and have a glug, do eBay stuff and tinkering.

Sounds to me like you are an EA guy posting incognito, or you are sucking up to one.

Pardon my abruptness, but even Alan sugar gets time to go on the net.
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

The Clear up begins!

Evening all! After my last post, I went down to the River with an EA official recently after all my gripes about the amount of rubbish that was building up under a disused bridge near one of my favourite Chub swims. We got there and the guys in green were already there, saws in hand clearing it all away as you will see from my post! Paul on Coarse Fishing

Comment

Don't try and crack on a civil servant does more than 40 hrs per week.

I do 50 at work, and still have time to do work stuff in the evenings when needed, and trawl the forums, make dinner, and have a glug, do eBay stuff and tinkering.

Sounds to me like you are an EA guy posting incognito, or you are sucking up to one.

Pardon my abruptness, but even Alan sugar gets time to go on the net.
                              I'm definitely not an EA guy, and I don't really think I am sucking up to you. What I will say is the guy I talk to seems to be glad I actuall talk to him rather than just rant. I also so about 45 hours a week and manage to get onine, dribble over fishing stuff i want off ebay, blog, cook and all that jazz, and frankly I do believe they could do more, but it seem like there is alot of red tape which we don't see. I passed on your questions to him and am hoping for a reply. Soon as I get one, I'll post it on.

Comment

Working...
                              X