Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

thread size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
    We've all gone to sleep and its good night from me as well
    Apologies to those concerned for just trying to help!!.

Seems some would have this place as something of a "Closed Shop" & an Exclusive Gentlemans's Club!!
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

No Gentleman's Club Martin !
      John only pointed out that the Question had been answered almost immediately .
      why are threads like this allowed to plod on for ages & other threads discussing something interesting
      are often closed ,just because 2 grown men have a different perception of the thread (Debating} ??
      another trip to the Naughty Step i suppose .
      Colin

Comment

As Hurricane pointed out Col, one has the option to not read any further on subject matter they find boring rather than express Intolerance on the open forum & therefore publicly belittling members input.
        [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

Col how often do we close a thread, not very, the fact of the matter its usually at the request of the raiser. I cant recall us closing a thread that was not getting personal or was just becoming a tit for tat thread. You have quite rightly stated that Pete had something to moderate, the first in some time. No ones on the naughty step, thankfully the days of having to take action has passed.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Brian
            i thought that the membership had gradually come to accept .the difference between Regional sense of Humour ?
            most have !!
            Sadly it seems that there may still be the odd 1 that hasn't realised .
            As for the needless intervention reprimanding us & informing of what we should & Should not do.
            I dont think i should even start !
            What i will say is Dont try & fix something that ain't Broke
            Didn't work before & it wont work now
            Colin

Comment

martin56, i found the information just what i needed, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hawb81 View Post
                martin56, i found the information just what i needed, thanks
                The pleasure was all mine bud.

Comment

A drop of oil - veg' oil (or any is better than none) will help when cutting new threads - but not so important when cleaning out old threads.

Comment

Bit of tallow
                    River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

I can smell the suds, in this thread, takes me back to my shop floor engineering days. Now where did i put. my overalls

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
                        I can smell the suds, in this thread, takes me back to my shop floor engineering days. Now where did i put. my overalls
                        I swapped my boiler suit for an Inspectors coat many years ago - but can still jump on a Lathe & do a Bit!!

Comment

6/16 bsf
                          In darkness we do what we can
                          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

my insulin always reminds me f the smell of suds oil......just thought id say
                            In darkness we do what we can
                            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
                              Col how often do we close a thread, not very, the fact of the matter its usually at the request of the raiser. I cant recall us closing a thread that was not getting personal or was just becoming a tit for tat thread. You have quite rightly stated that Pete had something to moderate, the first in some time. No ones on the naughty step, thankfully the days of having to take action has passed.
                              Nevertheless Brian there should be some guidelines re Code of Conduct - are there any already in place??

Namely, the code of conduct becoming of a Gentleman would be a good start!!

Others could just do their best.
                              Last edited by martin56; 23rd September 2018, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                                No Gentleman's Club Martin !
                                John only pointed out that the Question had been answered almost immediately .l
                                why are threads like this allowed to plod on for ages & other threads discussing something interesting
                                are often closed ,just because 2 grown men have a different perception of the thread (Debating} ??
                                another trip to the Naughty Step i suppose .
                                Are you thread up col ,get on that step now dare you criticise this enthralling and informative debate
                                MR. BLUE SKY

Comment

Working...
                                X