Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Is Talk Angling Worth 10P a Week ?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

71 views and only 35 poll votes....Maybe a no vote is a vote no.

Comment

but only 6 have voted no so maybe its a yes, not surprised that the response is limited, as you can bet that many only read the last few posts on any thread. So they might not realise there is a Poll. If it was an election the yeses would have it. I will send out a email to all members to see if we can get a bigger picture. I wont hold my breath as anglers a pretty notorious for letting others do the work.
      I have looked at the data base and come up with a few figures, on average we get 110 members visit the site in a 24 hour period the last month saw close on 150 members visit, with 260 over a near 3 month period.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Members 16,830 Active Members 288 today at 12.30. Most users ever online was 3,321, 14th May 2016 at 09:08 AM. Says it all really, site is slowly dying on its feet since the cull a couple of years ago.

Comment

Tony those figures can be manipulated by altering the users on line time which was a lot lot longer than the current period, which was cut at my request as it did not represent those actually on line. Most users on line was never 3000 or anywhere near that, that figure occured when the site was hacked. So you believe the cull affected the site, me I dont think so, of those banned which was around 8 most had only a handful of posts on the main boards, but up to 25000 on shoutbox that added in many case no real info to the site. Remember one member who would post nothing more than a full stop. I could ask if they were that dynamic why the Midland Match Angler site they started failed after just 12 months. I will concede that the site is possibly less active than it was, however it is far better than the Total Fishing site which only seems to have the site owner post anything.
          In the period 1 june 2012 to 1 July 2012 there were 156 members using the site at least once, sadly many only joined the site and never posted, for the same period this year it was 126 with only a small number not posting. Is the site less or more active thats the imponderable, probably less active is my guess.
          Last edited by Brian G; 30th August 2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

All forums are in decline.Pike and predators,gone,ccg, gone or as good as,pac in the same boat but the equivelant FB pages for the same sites are all strongly visited and well supported,its just the way of things,I log on(don't log off as on here) and get comments on Pike fishing,cat fishing ,carp and barbel along with pleasure angling and match reports from many venues.
            I see shooting and hunting news and comments as well as being able to hear from friends and relatives all in one place,Its just the way things have gone.
            Agree 100% with what Brian said, Those that left or were banned in 2013 probably numberered less than 15 and spent almost their entire time on sight in the shoutbox,.the fact that since that minute percentage of "members" left ,the shoutbox has virtualy been unused so it stands to reason that the hundreds of thousands of "shouts" came from a VERY small number of members.
            Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Just a few more facts We have or had 16800 members would you believe that 9780 have not posted at all and if we add to that 3200 who have only posted up to 5 times, you can add another 1000 to the total for those with 6 to 10 posts, Ok that leaves about 5000 members who might be considered to be active. Ok if I go far enough I can get the figure down to 1 really active member, have guess who that might be

Comment

That depends how you define active...e.g.. a pointless question followed by 20 "thank you's" is hardly active in my book

Comment

Making one post makes anyone active, make a hundred posts makes no difference you will still be active, but i guess your reply is aimed at one person, which to be honest is a real cheap shot. Have none of your 2005 posts been pointless.

Comment

No...Don't think so.

Comment

If that was a dig at me Rob I am not rising to the bait.
                      Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by Preston_Mark View Post
                        If that was a dig at me Rob I am not rising to the bait.
                        Why did you rise to that comment mate?? Then you wonder why people have a dig at you!! Just chill and read before you comment! And no , I ain’t having a dig at you! Just observing your comments!! 👍

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane View Post
                          All forums are in decline.Pike and predators,gone,ccg, gone or as good as,pac in the same boat but the equivelant FB pages for the same sites are all strongly visited and well supported,its just the way of things,I log on(don't log off as on here) and get comments on Pike fishing,cat fishing ,carp and barbel along with pleasure angling and match reports from many venues.
                          I see shooting and hunting news and comments as well as being able to hear from friends and relatives all in one place,Its just the way things have gone.
                          Agree 100% with what Brian said, Those that left or were banned in 2013 probably numberered less than 15 and spent almost their entire time on sight in the shoutbox,.the fact that since that minute percentage of "members" left ,the shoutbox has virtualy been unused so it stands to reason that the hundreds of thousands of "shouts" came from a VERY small number of members.
                          was it really 5 years ago might have been 8 -15 members banned but a lot more followed them out the door never to return, and never joined midland match anglers either.

Comment

Working...
                          X