Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

leaking umbrella

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking umbrella

i have some pinholes in my umbrella towards the centre, is there a way of repairing it

Yes mate, my old canvas brolly which I had as a kid & since given away was the same.
    My late Dad fixed it with large fabric puncture repair patches, when cars & Motorbikes had inner tube tyres & lasted many years afterwards & it's still going strong today I believe. (gave it to a young, extended family member)
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

Puncture repair kits are ok but I use Aquasure on my bivvy,brolly,wellies and waders and its the dogs.
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aquasure-Ne.../dp/B0030UP2DM

Comment

i shall try both as i have quite a few little holes and see which lasts the longest, brollies aint cheap

Comment

The aquasure looks a better option (wasn't available back in the day)

I've looked at the link & the neoprene rubber sheet looks just the ticket at £2.85.

Prob' doesn't include the glue?? or maybe just the stuff in the Tube on its own - IS the repair??

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neoprene-Ru...KDVFG1M47BST6H
          Last edited by martin56; 18th June 2018, 01:18 AM.
          [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

Those huge Motorbike puncture repair patches are probably not available anymore?? now most tyres are tubeless.

Comment

Working...
            X