Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

TA Chatter thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA Chatter thread

Evening all
    I've opened this thread for all chatter- please stay off sales threads unless you have a genuine question about the item or are intending to buy.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Good luck Paul.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Lol blah blah blah!
      I’ll start it off
      Are you a fair weather fisherman?
      I used to fish in all weathers, but as i get older- i fish much less in the winter.
      Since the weekender in september i’ve been concentrating on rivers- doing short sessions.
      Come march hopefully i’ll be back on the match front- being pools fodder lol.
      How about you guys? Do you pack up for winter?
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I’m full of good intentions in winter,then I see the weather.....the rest is history...
        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Love winter fishing, try and find some opens or a league somewhere. Unfortunately, not been out this winter due to health reasons, but really enjoy my winter fishing.

Comment

Always have a sabbatical after the Fur and Feather matches.
            First trip of the year on Wednesday, mid if it stays brass monkies I may postpone it.
            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I'm out all weathers, although this year for the first time, i've been less excited about going when its really cold. Managed to drag myself out for a club match this morning, overnight low zero degrees and 1 degree when I got out of the car. Wasn't looking good, been finding myself looking for a minimum of 4 degrees lately (going soft).

As it turned out it was ok. Weighed just over 4lbs, maybe 15 plus silvers. 4hr match. 9 lb odd won it and a breeze had kept the ice away. Other weights of 7,6,5 lb. general consensus was that it fished well in the circumstances ( non carp pool).

Well worth the effort, by the way I recommend lighter fuel powered hand warmers, eg the peacock, but don't buy a cheapie ... I did and couldn't light it today on its first trip out! Must find my better one. I'll own up to using gloves early in the match, looked like a wimp footballer.
              Last edited by MarkV; 7th January 2018, 06:32 PM.
              Whitnash Royals A.C.

Comment

I still have my "HOT" - Japanese??, Charcoal fuel stick hand warmer from the 70's. & can still get the fuel sticks.

I always set it going with the gas cooker ring before I leave home.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...9aACCEU&adurl=

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...9aACCDw&adurl=
                Last edited by martin56; 7th January 2018, 08:49 PM.
                [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

How many of you use the winter to sort/clean your gear/make up rigs etc.? Or do you just switch off and have a break until spring?

Comment

I tidied my box and carryall out in the two and a half hours before my first bite on Saturday...and then un-tidied on Sunday lol
                    MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

I know exactly what you mean lol

Comment

Hi Mark out of interest what venue did you fish ?

Comment

Evening all,
                          Can you use this thread for chit chat please?
                          Just to stop other threads going off topic.
                          Chat as much as you like about whatever you like (within forum rules obviously)
                          Over to you 😉
                          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
                          X