Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

start of the river season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john r stockburn View Post

come over to the Broads and we can have a week there , get bivvied up coated in bream snot and have a few beers and live on fry-ups ,......wow
    John thank you for your very kind offer ,but as much as I would love to I have a lot of Gigs to do .
    Hope you have a memorable week & I look forward to seeing some pictures .Col.
    Colin

Comment

Colin

Comment

I will be night fishing for chub as soon as the season starts, cant wait

Comment

Yes mate, i have a couple of night sessions lined up too, love it
          River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

Where are you going night Fishing mats ?Didn't know you had a bivy ?
            Colin

Comment

Me n the lad have a bivvi we share but we never sleep, cant afford the luxury of a run and alarms going off on the Severn, if you do that fish always end up in a snag.
              we take the bivvi if we are in a double peg and a couple of chairs, or brolly and chairs if we are seperate.

Comment

Spot on Rick,its got to be treated differently to typical carp fishing where you generally have ample time to get to the rods or are fishing "locked up",do that for a double fig barbel and the lot would be off down the river.lol.
                Plus I aint as young and agile as I used to be,if I ever was that is.
                Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Sorry Rick ,,v
                  I didn't realise you meant the River .
                  Although I should have realised as we had Spoken about your experiences @ Grimley .
                  I wrongly envisaged you kipping in a Bivvy by a lake Bream Fishing .
                  Colin

Comment

No mate, although i have had a tempting offer for France next year, trouble is as soon as i mentioned that i would have to go off on my travels around the lake for a bit of stalking the regular lads went very quiet and i could feel my invitation being silently withdrawn lol

Comment

I turned down 10 days on Lake Cassien I think it was called ,for similar reasons ,back in the 90s
                      Peg would be drawn & you fished only that peg from your Bivvy for the whole time you are there
                      Definitely not for me

Colin

Comment

Working...
                      X