Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

drennan loaded wagglers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drennan loaded wagglers

how many of you have cast a drennan loaded waggler out for the top to come off the weight, ive got quite a few weights in my float case, even after pushing them right on its happened

I found loads of them when i was sorting my draws out .I racked my Brains trying to think what they were lol
    i
    Last edited by BIG COL; 20th December 2018, 05:02 PM.
    Colin

Comment

i might try some gorilla glue on them before i next go out

Comment

This has happened to me as well.
        I have a few of them and tried them and the weights pull out really easily.
        I glued the weights in as well.
        I think it's pretty shoddy to be honest.

Comment

Your supposed to push the weight in and twist it however they still tend to come out so I superglue them in place. The other thing is I've had a few where the float starts sinking and the stem has got damaged and is taking on water.
          John

Comment

Yep. Happened to me as well. All remaining ones have been glued in. Do expect better of Drennan.

Comment

The intention is that you can vary the loading to allow for different shotting, making the floats more versatile. However, if you have no intention of doing that, you may as well glue the things in. If you don't, you'll have to keep checking that the weight is fitting securely. As the floats see more use, you may find that you have to check them more regularly, even during a session.

Comment

Evening Chaps
                Don't throw them away there great to use as a straight lead either fixed or free running . Clip them on to a little snap swivel and they work a treat.I tend to use the 5gram the most .They enter the water with a little plop.Give them a try there spot on.

Comment

Lol D.M been my little edge for a few years that Olivetties are great but not versatile enough for me...as most times I was fishing the wag at half depth and float came off as I was effing and jeffing reaching for the landing net handle the line tightened up a little and I had a lovely run of bigger carp over the wag line on these little weights...??????????
                  " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

Comment

That's almost the same as what i do with then
                    Attach mine to 3 different lengths 2lb Maxima 3" 6" & 9" with a very small bead on the end
                    I use them for catching shy biting fish in the winter .
                    If fishing a small River carrying a little extra with that Horrible boil on it that pops up all over the peg ,
                    Struggling to present a bait on the Trent @ Branston i was 2 hrs in going Nowhere ,1 Fish was winning the section & 1lb could be enough
                    i had a tube that i put broken floats in & there was a small alloy wire stick in there ,so i thought there's no way that would lift off the bottom
                    I broke the 5bb spread link off & attached this Stem using 2 x 1/2 " pieces of rubber 20" above my hook & flicked it about 25ft down the peg on a tight line
                    in about 5ft of turbulent water i needed the line to be as close to the bottom as possible so i bent a bank stick & placed it 6ft down the peg 2ft underwater
                    i used it to run the line underneath .
                    Amazingly it worked i fed only 4 bait droppers of bait 6 ft above where i was chucking
                    It never moved @ all unless i had a bite they all pulled the Rod round i never missed a bite & i never lost a Fish
                    End result section won with 1 small Chub 1 .4 lbs
                    I finished with 6 Gudgeon , 4 Chub . 2 Bream & 19 Roach oh & the smallest Perch i have ever Seen . 23 .6 for a win
                    That method won me almost £2000 that winter & the following 2 winters .
                    Never throw anything away you never know when you might need it
                    Colin

Comment

Oops Sorry for letting your cat out the bag Ducci .I've been using them for about three years there bang on .Flicking them down the margin works really well too.

Comment

Working...
                      X