Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

caster, worm, hemp and tare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caster, worm, hemp and tare

now the canals are starting to become gin clear is it worth keep using caster and worm as bait and the same with hemp and tare

Punch is my favourite method once it gets clear, but worm and castor close to any cover always worth ago.
    Hemp and Tare still working by me.
    River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

its going to be a lot colder from the end of the week rick, all the baits are still working at the moment but i dont think they will be as good, we are catching big perch and chub on the staffs/worcs, i do use punch and give it a try for bream and roach but was wondering about not taking the other baits if they arnt going to work, cut my bait bill by a tenner a week

Comment

Number one bait for me personally when its proper cold is a punch line and a pinkie line, over the pinkie line i willfeed just a few pinkies in a cup with very very wet black ground bait just to create a cloud, mixed like a milk shake consistency ( something like canal black). For one session just a quarter of a bag is ample.
        so shouldnt cost more than around ?6 a session, the gbait is the most expensive but youl get about 6 sessions out of a bag using it really wet
        River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

Chopped Worm & Soil for me with just a few 1/4 pt casters
          Bread Punch is 1 of my Favourite methods
          Even when the canal is frozen punch works
          Hemp if fed very Sparingly maybe 6 grains every 10 minutes feed for up to 2.5hrs before fishing over it with a grain of hemp
          i have had some amazing bags of fish on all 3 methods in depths of winter
          Colin

Comment

Just watching Johnny Arthur punch fishing on the canal,got to be one of the simplest ways to catch a great bag of canal fish.
            OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Working...
            X