Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

James maude angling club sherwood fishery holmedale lake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James maude angling club sherwood fishery holmedale lake

JAMES MAUDE ANGLING CLUB 1969 - 2019

Saturday 18th May 2019, Sherwood Fishery Holmedale Lake

Weather: overcast start to the day with heavy showers during the day, feeling cooler.

18th MAY 1969

The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In by The 5th Dimension. In UK Get Back by Beatles With Billy Preston was in the top 5 hits. Midnight Cowboy, directed by John Schlesinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969 while The Arms Of Krupp by William Manchester was one of the best selling books. On TV people were watching Set 'em Up Joe. If you liked video games you were probably playing Space Travel.

Top 5 songs in the UK May 1969

Beatles With Billy Preston - Get Back
    Herman's Hermits - My Sentimental Friend
    Mary Hopkin - Goodbye
    Fleetwood Mac - Man Of The World
    Clodagh Rodgers - Come Back And Shake Me
    DescriptionApollo 10 was the fourth crewed mission in the United States Apollo space program, and the second to orbit the Moon. Launched on May 18, 1969, it was the F mission: a "dress rehearsal" for the first Moon landing, testing all of the components and procedures, just short of actually landing. I Crew members were: Thomas P. Stafford, John Young, Gene Cernan

Brothers in Arms
    Was the fifth studio album by British rock band Dire Straits, released on 13 May 1985. Brothers in arms are soldiers fighting on the same side of some conflict. Here, brothers is not used literally but to mean "ally" or "comrade". The in arms part refers to the fact that they are soldiers, arms meaning"weaponry".
    The title is something Knopfler's dad said. In discussing the Falklands War, he described the Russians and Argentinians as "Brothers In Arms," meaning they had similar Ideologies. The song is reported to be the first CD single ever released.

18th MAY 2019
    Today saw the James Maude Merry Men back at the tranquil settings of Sherwood Fishery and HOLMEDALE LAKE (Skellydale).
    Our first two outings at Holmdale have been nothing short of horrendous with arctic conditions and howling winds. Well the wind had ceased but the heavy showers saw several weatherproof suits being tested, must hastily add the Halkon Hunt Gortex is bomb proof when it comes to heavy rain.
    Fishing a good match is all about every member in the club catching some fish, and there is no better place to fish than Holmedale producing three tons and some respectable backup weights. These weights could really have been doubled in most pegs as the fish seem to be pre occupied with the onset of the great spawn upon us.
    History has produced some classics over the years and with some of the anglers in Dire Straits it was the Brothers in Arms that did battle together to produce the top two tons of the day. What follows Spring is a fishy sounding surname as the Band of Brothers fished a superb match as Roger was into fish from the off with his paste tactic with 112-4oz on 2+2 on peg 24, but falling short by one fish as Gary pegged on 41 (not sure what he caught on) netted 116lb-10 oz. Well done Brothers. A very Noble display by our veteran angler Mr Dave Sewell pegged on 19 took 106lb-15oz. Well done Dave. Fourth place saw Scott Dibble pegged on 12 weigh 84lb-7oz. Well done Scott. Section winners went to : Phil Smedley 77lb-6oz peg 36, Glen Haynzs 66lb-7oz peg 9, Paul Skellydale 55lb-10oz peg 20, Ian Carr 54lb-10oz peg 45. Well done section winners, and very well done to all Anglers for weighing in.
    The results are as follows:
    Gary Summerscales 116lb-10oz peg 41
    Roger Summerscales 112lb-4oz peg 24
    Dave Sewell 106lb-15oz peg 20
    Scott Dibble 84lb-7oz peg 12
    Phil Smedley 77lb-6oz peg 36 (section winner)
    Glen Hanyzs 66lb-7oz peg 9 guest (section winner)
    Brian Cox 61lb-9oz peg 17
    Terry Wiggins 60lb peg 31
    Paul Skeldon 55lb-10oz peg 20 (section winner)
    Ian Carr 54lb-10oz peg 45 (section winner)
    Dave Lilliman 53lb-12oz peg 54
    Shaun Green 52lb-2oz peg 14
    Tony Smith 48lb-7oz peg 26
    Billy Harrison 47lb-9oz peg 33
    Alan Slack 43lb-10oz peg 39
    Nick Heath 42lb-15oz peg 28
    Paul Davies 42lb-14oz peg 21
    Pete Lambert 28lb-5oz peg 49
    Laurence Butcher 20lb-7oz peg 4
    Gary Butcher DNW peg 43

Next match May 25th Little John Lakes Maid Marion Lake

Thank you for taking the time to read.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸ ><((((º>
    ><((((º>
    .`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

useless bit of information Fleetwood Mac's Song Somebody 's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In "Tonight"
    That was on that Album was adopted by a Group of Teddy Boys from Birmingham ,we used to play it every time a rival group came to our club .
    Surprisingly it used to work most of the time
    Never any trouble @ our Clubs
    Billy some Great Results again from your amazing club & Yet another Fantastic trip through the History of the day by yourself
    I still think if you Spent more time Fishing instead of composing your Script,, You would be up there with the Best in the Fishing Stakes .LoL
    Regards Col.
    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
      useless bit of information Fleetwood Mac's Song Somebody 's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In "Tonight"
      That was on that Album was adopted by a Group of Teddy Boys from Birmingham ,we used to play it every time a rival group came to our club .
      Surprisingly it used to work most of the time
      Never any trouble @ our Clubs
      Billy some Great Results again from your amazing club & Yet another Fantastic trip through the History of the day by yourself
      I still think if you Spent more time Fishing instead of composing your Script,, You would be up there with the Best in the Fishing Stakes .LoL
      Regards Col.
      Hi Col, So sorry for the very late reply, I have had some trouble logging on and thanks to Brian Gardner for sorting me out. I recall the Fleetwood Mac song and it was quite applicable back in our pub crawling days Col, always something going down. Col I would love to get out more and hone my skills but even with semi retirement I find it difficult. As they say practise makes perfect. Thank you for your very kind words.
      Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸ ><((((º>
      ><((((º>
      .`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Comment

Working...
      X