Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

40th Anniversary Classic Fishing Festival - 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damian - recently Andrea sent out an email to all the visiting anglers who she could contact?. There was a very useful attachment that had a link to all past 39 Classics results. if like me you were missing a few result sheets then you could look into this link for yours and friends results.

Let me know if you'd like me to forward it too you?

You know Alan Dolby well at the moment he is also returning this year for the first time in a decade.

Comment

I will be there for sure, this year is a special year! I hope we see loads of old and new faces... what we need to see is some young anglers taking part as well.

Everyone who goes knows it is not 100% about the fishing - it's about friends, craic and a week in one of the friendliest places on earth!

There is hard work going on behind the scenes to find new sections and make sure as many good pegs as possible go in. The trouble is there is not a consensus as to what is good and what isn't! Loads of people pulled me up on the post that I put up last year and didn't agree - everyone has their opinion, trouble is most of them don't voice it publicly ... come on lads - post up your ideas NOW while there is a chance to make a difference. I know Eddie McGovern has read this and will respond if the weight of opinion means an improvement to the match - it is in his interest to make it the best he can.
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
        I will be there for sure, this year is a special year! I hope we see loads of old and new faces... what we need to see is some young anglers taking part as well.

Everyone who goes knows it is not 100% about the fishing - it's about friends, craic and a week in one of the friendliest places on earth!

There is hard work going on behind the scenes to find new sections and make sure as many good pegs as possible go in. The trouble is there is not a consensus as to what is good and what isn't! Loads of people pulled me up on the post that I put up last year and didn't agree - everyone has their opinion, trouble is most of them don't voice it publicly ... come on lads - post up your ideas NOW while there is a chance to make a difference. I know Eddie McGovern has read this and will respond if the weight of opinion means an improvement to the match - it is in his interest to make it the best he can.
        Nice one Simon look forward to catching up with you again.

Eddie - if you are reading these threads can you please ensure Acrussel lake is emitted, catching Tench just doesn't sit right with the Classic and any way it was rubbish, too Peggy with most anglers blanking or getting only one or two bites in five hours.
        When you consider the most consistent areas for the last 10 years have been along the right hand bank of the Lower Lough, i.e Rossahilly, Killadeas, Manor House, Boa Island then there must be other sheltered bays along the road to Kesh that could equally fish as well.

AB (Roy)

Comment

Damian,the three you mentioned are missed very much,I let Pete Hodge cut my hair once and he made me look like Sinbad The Sailor.As for being a social event I would have to agree,this year Tommy Pickering has a big Birthday coming up while on the Classic and he might go nuts and drink a Half pint of Guinness,but that will be his lot,lol.

Comment

Hi Wild Rover - if it's not a problem Pal can You PM with your name.
            If I don't already know you from previous classics then Ill make it my business to find you and introduce myself at the welcoming night.

It's the 40th Classic and it'll be my 20th too........happy days

AB

Comment

Originally posted by Abramis Brama View Post
              Hi Wild Rover - if it's not a problem Pal can You PM with your name.
              If I don't already know you from previous classics then Ill make it my business to find you and introduce myself at the welcoming night.

It's the 40th Classic and it'll be my 20th too........happy days

AB
              Twentieth Classic of course - however I do only look a shade past my teens

Comment

Originally posted by Abramis Brama View Post
                Twentieth Classic of course - however I do only look a shade past my teens
                Erne fishing well at moment recent winter league results are 11kg dolans ring hybrids on tip.11kg cornagrade roach on pole facing police station.6 kg q e road.7kg balinalack.good back up weights.lets hope it continues.

Comment

Cheers - nice to see your catching plenty of resident fish, fingers crossed the fish out of the lough don't run too soon.

Any gossip about which sections to be left in or out - ill be a happy bunny if Accursel (Tench Lake) is emitted from the classic.

AB

Comment

The ONE thing that would guarantee the classic has big weights would be if the MADE it FLOW during the matches - they have the ability to do it with the controls at the power station - come on Eddie have a word and get them to run the water off slowly for the week!
                    Simon Young
                    Admin
                    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

I talked to jack tisdale on Saturday about accRussell and he said he would only use it in an emergency.but he is aware of peoples opinion.as for the erne it's still fishing well dolans at weekend threw up a 10kg hybrids with 7kg back up weights,the week before a12kg in the town roach with a 4lb tench showing up.easter match coming up sects to be used top end of cornagrade,airport and dolans ring so il post what happens and any other info I hear about.

Comment

Originally posted by erne angler View Post
                        I talked to jack tisdale on Saturday about accRussell and he said he would only use it in an emergency.but he is aware of peoples opinion.as for the erne it's still fishing well dolans at weekend threw up a 10kg hybrids with 7kg back up weights,the week before a12kg in the town roach with a 4lb tench showing up.easter match coming up sects to be used top end of cornagrade,airport and dolans ring so il post what happens and any other info I hear about.
                        Good news about Accrussell and nice to see some reasonable weights being caught. Roll on May.

AB

Comment

Finally the time has arrived - full English in Holyhead then the Ferry across the water............feels like heaven

Bring on the roach and bream?.

AB

Comment

Working...
                          X