Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

It's that time of year again - Irish Festival Season.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's that time of year again - Irish Festival Season.

It's time to come off the Carp puddles and do some real wild fishing - ireland awaits me

I'm returning this year to fish the Banagher festival which kicks off next Monday. Usually 50 or so anglers fish this friendly festival with some great social nights to be had in Flyn's Bar. Fishing is generally good with roach and big hybrids the main target. I've only fished twice before and did reasonably well in 2014 so I'm looking forward to the challenge that the deep and powerful Shannon offers - actually it scares the sh*t out of me.

Then it's up to Enniskillen for the Classic - now this is like a second home after 22 years of competing in this magical festival - I can't explain the feeling this one gives an angler other than to say those that can remember the excitement June 16th gave well this is the nearest you can get to that.

Any info from our Irish friends ? Or better still send some Irish luck my way 😊 lol.

AB

Sounds fantastic! Good luck roy- keep us posted
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

hope you enjoy it

Comment

Banagher is just down the road from where my wife is from, Tullamore.
        Spent many a happy hour on the canals in the midlands, catching sometimes over a hundred pounds of hybrids, tench, bream and some clonking roach and not another angler in sight.
        Best of luck Roy, I have fished the Shannon at Banagher and Shannon Harbour but prefer the canals which are rammed with fish.
        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Abramis Brama View Post
          It's time to come off the Carp puddles and do some real wild fishing - ireland awaits me

I'm returning this year to fish the Banagher festival which kicks off next Monday. Usually 50 or so anglers fish this friendly festival with some great social nights to be had in Flyn's Bar. Fishing is generally good with roach and big hybrids the main target. I've only fished twice before and did reasonably well in 2014 so I'm looking forward to the challenge that the deep and powerful Shannon offers - actually it scares the sh*t out of me.

Then it's up to Enniskillen for the Classic - now this is like a second home after 22 years of competing in this magical festival - I can't explain the feeling this one gives an angler other than to say those that can remember the excitement June 16th gave well this is the nearest you can get to that.

Any info from our Irish friends ? Or better still send some Irish luck my way �� lol.

AB
          Good luck with it all,not going North this year but will be over for Gowna Arva ect Aug/Sept time,I know Greg Knott was at Andy Rentons today getting him to do his Shokers so it looks like Pub for Greg and the rest of the Stainy Lads again,ha ha ha

Comment

Tony Howard over from Oz and I think he;s going over,looking forward to seeing him at Southfield on Sunday,Oi Oi

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
              Banagher is just down the road from where my wife is from, Tullamore.
              Spent many a happy hour on the canals in the midlands, catching sometimes over a hundred pounds of hybrids, tench, bream and some clonking roach and not another angler in sight.
              Best of luck Roy, I have fished the Shannon at Banagher and Shannon Harbour but prefer the canals which are rammed with fish.
              Tullamore - I know it drive through it on way to Banagher. Didn't know about the canals though, don't think I have time to take a look more a less full on from the Sunday.

Cheers guys - if I've got Wi Fi will keep you posted ( just match results - no long winded blogs I'll be too knackered lol).

AB

Comment

Plenty of fish over here, enough for everyone...lol

the canals are secret gems especially in the spring

Comment

Good luck to you Ab,the canals down that way (especially Tullamore) are fantastic.

Comment

Day 1. Portuna town section. drew end peg in stick ups. Weighed 10.900 for third in section and third in match. Happy with that start.

Comment

Do you not go into Curleys Bar while in Portumna?

Comment

Originally posted by Abramis Brama View Post
                        Day 1. Portuna town section. drew end peg in stick ups. Weighed 10.900 for third in section and third in match. Happy with that start.
                        well done Roy, keep it going mate

Comment

End peg again but Melek Section you needed to be in the middle by the car park. 16 kilo won section from peg 5. I had 7,800 and only good enough for 7th.......That's a dropper then.
                          Some sections are fishing well, but Salmon Run not one of them and that's next for me.

AB

Comment

Iniscarra is well worth a visit.Its solid and there are plenty of festivals and knockups every weekend with huge bags needed to frame.

Comment

Last couple of days have not drawn the pegs needed to win section. However today at Rodgers Island, Portumna I drew peg 3 which had not produced all week. But as we know fish swim and there were a few Roach to be caught- I ended up with 6.900 and 7.700 won the section....that's fishing. Last day tomorrow what ever happens it's been a great week, weathers improved, fishing good, Guinness and food top notch and the company is brill what more could a angler want. Enniskillen next week fingers crossed for improved draws.
                              AB

Comment

Working...
                              X