Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Garbo club angler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbo club angler

What's the format for qualifying for the final?

Anyone please?

Comment

Pretty sure it's one qualifier then the final at lindholme if anything like last year

Comment

Originally posted by Kevsmith060 View Post
        What's the format for qualifying for the final?
        probably a rubbish format if past experience is anything to go by! Think last time i fished it 20 went through to the final from moorlands and in their infinite wisdom they did not do it with 20 sections instead they did it on the top 20 weights over over the whole match! This resulted in about 7 out of 16 fishing on one pool qualifying! I questioned the decision before and after, but DH was adamant this was the "fairest way of doing it" !! Joke, dont waste time and money on it!
        HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Changed a lot lads, it's nearly always on sections or lake format now ie top however many from each lake. Final at cob house sounds mint but standard of angler is quite high, a lot of guys who's names you see a bit fish it,,,, not sure if ill enter as Lindholme is a bogey venue for me but gotta crack it one day,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by mattcrowl View Post
            Changed a lot lads, it's nearly always on sections or lake format now ie top however many from each lake. Final at cob house sounds mint but standard of angler is quite high, a lot of guys who's names you see a bit fish it,,,, not sure if ill enter as Lindholme is a bogey venue for me but gotta crack it one day,,,,,
            What a revolutionary idea eh!!!
            HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

They still make a right mess of it, it's a bit of a joke to be honest. Qualification, anglers allowed to fish as 'club' angler and organisation are all ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by ABBO62 View Post
                What a revolutionary idea eh!!!
                I wonder who thought of that idea Section winners Qualify
                When i suggested it Donkeys yrs ago was told it wouldnt work !!
                But hey Clive ,What would i know ,ive only been running Opens up to 500pegs since the mid 80s
                Dont suppose after 30odd yrs i have learned enough!!
                when you coming Fishing Bud ??
                Aint seen ya for ages !!
                Colin

Comment

I hear next year you have to be a Angling trust member to fish it

Comment

Working...
                  X