Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Insect repellent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insect repellent

Does anyone know a good insect repellent I fished a night match last week and got bitten to bits last hour

I used to get eaten by Mosquito and horsefly ,they loved me,then I tried Xpel Mosquito & insect repellent wrist bands,haven’t been bitten since,well worth a look mate.
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Available in Poundland

Comment

Originally posted by MT NET View Post
        Available in Poundland
        How much Mart? 🤣

Comment

To you £17.

Comment

Originally posted by MT NET View Post
            To you £17.
            🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Avon skin-so-soft dry oil,even the armed forces swear by it.
              Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Jungle Formula repellent spray is excellent, also look out for the plastic wrist/ankle bands which are impregnated with Citronella - available online (fleabay - no pun intended)

We also have a Jungle Formula PLUG IN mozzie killer for the apartment when on hol's - the EU, different brand refills also fit this (same screw thread)
                Last edited by martin56; 8th June 2018, 10:24 PM.
                [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

Here are the bands, loads to pick from Including the Avon dry oil Hurricane mentioned :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/mosquito-bands
                  [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

Thanks for the advice lads hopefully I won’t be bitten to death this week strange thing was that had about 25 gnats midge bites and 25 carp for 149lbs and came 2nd in match and 152 lbs won so one more BITE and might of won lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grandadnezza View Post
                      How much Mart? 🤣
                      My Sort of Price !!
                      Do you think it's for 1 or a Pair?
                      Colin

Comment

Take vitamin B1. I used to be a buffet for the blighters and still am if i dont take them, no need to build them up, just tske one the night before and one on the morning.
                        Have mine ready for packing for irelands early starts and fishing into dark
                        River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

Its the DEET ingredient that puts me off the repellents,not good for your skin or general health at all and seems to be in most if not all chemical repellents.I use incognito from holland and barrett,it works
                          with all natural ingredients,
                          Ive never heard of Vitamin B1 as a repellent,Ill be giving it a go.👍🏼

Comment

Up to 50% DEET is considered to be a safe level for use on the skin, however you can (or could) get 100% DEET for spraying on your outer clothing

I was offered this 100% stuff at a camping shop a few years ago.

Comment

Super B6. 100mg a day is very good. That was an old tip from carpworld years ago. Other than that you could try a divers suit lol

Comment

Working...
                              X