Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Feeder fishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeder fishing

When Jamie Harrison was asked the question, why do you put your seat box face on to the water, rather than on the angle to his feeder rod, his reply was simple, so I can keep an eye on the opposition each side, Do you put your box on the angle, or just put up with a stiff neck. Lol
    Just another thought, when on the feeder at say 50 mtrs to a marker in front of you on a open water venue with a cross wind from right to left, do you have your rod pointing to the left side of you, or right side( to get the angle for bite registration) . Does the under toe of the water, or wind direction make a difference to your decision or is it a comfort thing ?

Interesting years ago on the river you always faced downstream to get the bow in the line however fishing other natural venues ie not commies I sit facing the venue. Since I am right handed my feeder rest is to my left as is my bait tray and that works for me
    John

Comment

Still water i face the water , Tip literally touching the water left or right as Close to the Bank as Possible if its Windy.
      Running water 45% Downstream Rod Elevated feeder chucked Upstream approx 2 to 3 rod lengths let feeder hit Bottom & engage Bail Arm .this allows sufficient Bow for most of my Feeder Fishing .
      However if I want to allow my feeder to move (when I want it too) I will reduce the amount of lead & increase the size of the Bow .this allows me to move the Feeder in a Controlled manner a couple of inches to a couple of foot , just by lifting & Replacing the rod in the rest ,rather than th Feeder Dislodging & Bouncing Downstream Un - Controlled . & Spooking fish @ the Bottom of the Swim 😉
      Colin

Comment

I always sit facing the water and my tip as close to the water as I can on the right hand side whatever the conditions. On the left is my side tray and everything to do with the side tray is done with my left hand

Comment

I don't fish rivers so that is lake and commercial based.

Comment

If it's the venue I'm thinking then there's no other option than face the water. The pegging is moderate to tight and mainly along one long bank. You don't miss many bites as they pull the rod round. He's basically looking for landing nets going out as it gives a good indication of where the wind has pushed the fish.
            My sidetray is on my left and my rod goes right to left. May seem awkward but on braid you've made contact with the fish before you know it. Even on mono you don't need to strike that enthusiastically.
            It is wide open and shallow and does tow a bit but you just deal with it.
            Rivers I guess it's a combination of Colin and john. Dependant on conditions you do whatever you need to make things work.
            MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Thanks for the reply's all, I have match fished for many years, but only in the last four years concentrated more towards feeder fishing, Now if the venue suits, out comes the feeder, or bomb rods, Love it now, more so than the pole, so very grateful for any tips .

Comment

He must have eyes like Marty Feldman (google him).

Comment

Working...
                X