Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fosters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Digger is still with us.

Comment

Originally posted by snake View Post
      Sorry Digger is still with us.
      In that case i might pop in for a coffee tomorrow
      Colin

Comment

Colin.. I'm humbled by your words.. And I think Im a definite case of "what if".. I was actually a better angler at the age of 18 than I am now.. However.. After finding myself winning a lot of money at club level... Aged 20..this is a little known fact... I was faced with a choice of going on the open circuit but I didn't drive due to drink issues, so would have been reliant on on lifts rather than going were I wanted.. This led to me not going fishing for 3 years and following Aston Villa everywhere eventually becoming involved with the hooligan scene and being arrested and named and shamed in the press, my house vandalised by Birmingham fans, death threats on work phone... So in 2003, I "retired" from that scene, and decided to fish a few commercials.. I won money at every venue I went to, until in 2004 I caught some "friends" cheating at Greenhills. I made a vow then never to match fish or fish commercials again. I got myself set up for the canal and started exploring the cuts of Birmingham, I got better and better at worm hemp and caster fishing, and in 2016 I started to fish a few canal matches with a 50 percent pick up rate, a broken shoulder then laid me up, and I'm now back having a real go at match fishing. I've booked in for some Evesham qualifiers.. Perdiswell matches too, I aim to fish a match a week minimum now, and when my kids are a bit older maybe more.. Maybe one of these teams may need a 50 year old canal man at that point, in hindsight I wished I had approached a top canal angler in 1991 and spent a season caddying, watching and learning, I'd recommend that to any young aspiring angler.. As for me.. I coulda been a contender.. I still might.. And I'll do it by smiling and helping anyone I can.

Comment

and young Keiran is already different class to what I have ever been

Comment

Snake, respect mate from an old Phart. You have to enjoy and stick to your beliefs and best wishes to your wife hope it all works out for you both.
            John

Comment

Lee
              my Early background is in many ways similar to yours.
              From the Grand old age of 15 i left school to do a Plumbing Apprenticeship @ 9pm 4 nights a week i put on a Black Suit & a Dickie Bow & became a Henchman !!
              Oops i meant to say Doorman in Birmingham's Roughest Night clubs
              ,Where i grew from a Boy to a Man within a couple of months .Virtually a Night went bye without being involved in a fight of some sort. & i was getting paid for it .i was buzzing
              I loved it & was by then afraid of No-one . Not worked a door Since New Years 1976 .When i Ended up in General Hospital Dudley rd fighting for my life as some Low life Scum had Stabbed me 5 times in the back , 2 of the wounds went through my lung & 1 lacerated my Liver kidney packed in as well. ,Fortunately after 11 days in Intensive care they removed the tubes & i started to slowly recover. Fishing was my life along With Bikes & the Teddy boy Rock n Roll Scene.
              When i was in intensive care i decided to make some Big Changes.
              Things had Changed massively for me back in 1975 November 8th i got Married.
              We had recently been blessed with the Birth of our 1st Child ,our daughter on August 31st 1976.
              if i had not had the sense to walk away from the lifestyle i had created ,i would lose my Wife & Daughter,
              i wasn't going to let that happen. I started repping on the side Fishing tackle. since June 1977 i have always been
              involved in Fishing @ a very high standard .
              Watched the Tackle trade grow am now watching it decline.
              Fishing has for me now gone almost full circle ,
              When the River matches started to decline i made the change.to commercial ,
              Over the years for me they became very boring .
              There are some amazing Skilful Anglers that have never fished anywhere else.
              Eventually i could stand it No longer ,I was going between 5 & 7 days a week
              not because i wanted but because it had become no more than a Habit
              Fishing what were Laughingly called opens, anything between 3 & 12 anglers .
              The rules were constantly changing to Favour certain Anglers sometimes on a daily basis
              If the organizers didn't like a bait or a method it was banned, if a match was booked on a Certain pool
              & the organizer didn't want to fish that pool ,it would be changed to where they wanted
              Bait limits were often ignored by some & they were never questioned
              I got to the Stage the Blatant Cheating or Bending of the rules finally pushed me over the Edge
              & walked away almost 4 years ago ,I aint missed it 1 bit
              The only way to stop Cheating is don't have rules unless they are in place to protect the fish !
              Back on Rivers now more Pools Fodder for Harry, Simon , Rigga, Mark Jones & the rest of the Experts
              Pleas be gentle with his poor old man
              Colin

Comment

We've split now and are on great terms and best friends. I have a wonderful new girlfriend, a new job, new car, and life is good. Thanks pal.

Comment

Problem with Evesham at the moment is the Bream ain't moved from peg 1 and 2 ...so if you draw in the town section it's impossible to compete with these 2 pegs.

Comment

Originally posted by snake View Post
                    We've split now and are on great terms and best friends. I have a wonderful new girlfriend, a new job, new car, and life is good. Thanks pal.
                    Lee
                    I was Glad to see you back in the trade
                    Fosters lost a Loyal worker when you had to leave back then ! . I honestly didnt realise that it was so long ago.
                    You have my utmost respect mate with the way you have Coped with all thats been thrown @ you.
                    Your Endless support for your Ex Wife since her illness started ,its good to see you are still Freinds & work together Bringing your kids up
                    Good luck with your New Relationship ,Hope the return to Fosters goes well
                    Always know where i am if you need me
                    Paul Turner runs some cracking matches ,you would do well on all the venues he uses
                    See you soon Pal
                    Take care
                    Col
                    Colin

Comment

Working...
                    X