Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Advise on Whips for Rivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nath, decent fish ????
    On a serious note, i net anything decent, mainly big roach so I suppose not whip fishing really
    River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

Can see that this is an old post but after a bit of advice. Have fished a few matches on the avon this year where it was almost impossible to get a bait through the small dace and bleak. Even using tares sometimes. One of the things that I want to try is to see if I can catch them on the whip. Tried a few times but need to get the rigs right expecially for catching in the surface levels. Also interested in length of whip etc

Comment

Can see that this is an old post but after a bit of advice. Have fished a few matches on the avon this year where it was almost impossible to get a bait through the small dace and bleak. Even using tares sometimes. One of the things that I want to try is to see if I can catch them on the whip. Tried a few times but need to get the rigs right especially for catching in the surface levels. Also interested in length of whip etc

Comment

very rare you wil be able to catch a decent weight targetting the fish in the upper layers Sam
          you need to target the fish underneath
          float size Depth Shotting & feed are so important,
          Something you cant really explain, There are some that have it Sorted @ Bidford on Wednesday matches
          A walk along there would give you more info in a couple of hrs than a 100 posts
          Good Luck & Welcome to T/A
          Colin

Comment

Cheers Col. I'm in Evesham so I'll try and get across to Bidford. It's just really frustrating especially when your stick never actually settles because of tiny fish holding it up

Comment

Kink the line between float and hook with your nail, don't watch the float, watch the line straighten.
              River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

Thanks both. I guess one of the other things that I'd thought about was uing groundbait which I've never really done on the faster bits of the Avon or a bait dropper

Comment

Working...
                X