Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Paste mixes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paste mixes

I have been playing around with lots of different paste mixes recently - one of the best being bussels pate liquidised in a little water and added to some brown crumb - anybody prepared to share any secrets they have found for a really good paste for commercial carps?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

i have been using cheap tooth paste straight from tube,,its best to leave the top off just to get a skin on it..i have cleaned up on a few venues...oh i dip it in garlic salt i think that makes the difference even had a pike on it
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

ive had luck on my local haunts fishing grated meat made into ball of paste
      sensas /total angling

Comment

Come on Larry chap...let us into the secret - with the toothpaste do you drip feed tic tacs over the top...? Perhaps try banded tic tac and if you want a bit of activity in the peg you could drop in a couple of alka seltzers...
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

lol...ok the truth green stim bit of fishmeal ...but i probably fish it dryer than anyone else ..... i have had some real fun trying to get it right sat there for hours deciphering bites

Comment

Hey up brussels pate, I knew that the dozen jars I have got in my freezer would come in one day, along with several kilos of sausages / meat all residual stock from when i had a shop. The sausage meat mixed with some cheese works when you want a slightly tougher paste.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Lambs liver chopped into small cubes and fried in butter until slightly brown then slap in a blender with two table spoons of your favourite additive liquid.

Comment

i use green swimstim mixed wet with liquidised worms and predetor plus
                it works for me!!!!

Comment

davo110....Does the predator plus turn it red? I fancy trying that.

Comment

sausage meat mixed with a carp bait called hi pro ,i think it was called,and a bit of water was the first paste i ever tried on a lake by oulton park about 30yrs ago.i had forgotten all about that Brian G .

Comment

brian g never forgets lol
                      sensas /total angling

Comment

Try purring some 6mm halibut pellets in a bait box, cover with boiling water and leave overnight. Then nead into a paste, brilliant.

Comment

OK lets talk paste especially as I am thinking of writing a feature on the stuff, Firstly let me say "fish what you feed", so if your paste is made from pellets make sure you feed the same pellets, don't make paste out of something else then feed a completely different type of pellet,likewise if you feed some groundbait it should be made out of the pellets, to make paste from pellets either grind them down in a liquidiser and add boiling water or add boiling water direct to the pellets and stir breaking them down using a fork, the smaller the pellet the easier it is to make the paste, some lads use cold water but leave overnight, a lot of anglers have been using the green swim stim pellets, and been very sucessful, which you can make paste out of and also feed the swim with the same pellets, feed 6mm or larger pellets as small pellets can get to many skimmers in the peg on mixed fisherires, on purely carp fisheries I feed the small pellets as well, if you grind the pellets up keep some powder back which you can then use to stiffen the paste if needed, make 3 types of paste stiff soft and dripping try to find out what the fish prefer on the day, the addition of a ball of groundbait to the swim, can really pull carp into the peg if things go a bit slow,(if you are using green swim stim pellets then green swim stim groundbait is OK) top tip feed down the shelf fish on the shelf fish will naturaly look on the top shelf this way you avoid the foul hookers silly bites ect, hope this helps had to get into this paste fishing as my mate had 6 wins and all the bags ranged from 99lb to 350lb on the gear, so with a bit of free coaching i was able to sort it. However I will go into more depth if i write the feature when to use shot on floats, when to use no shot the reasons why etct etc
                          Last edited by Fred Davis; 9th September 2006, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Davis
                            OK lets talk paste especially as I am thinking of writing a feature on the stuff,
                            Fred; I'll look forward to reading it mate.
                            [IMG]http://koszog.rx8.eu/_horg/garbolino_350.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

nice one Fred....do the article i cant wait

Comment

Working...
                              X