Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bream slime

Hi All
    What is the best way to remove bream slime from your line after catching a fish
    Is it neccessary or not ?
    Les
    Garbolino Super Legion - a great pole - it is for me anyway

I think it's absolutely necessary. Leaving it on the line makes it visible, and will affect presentation, particularly on moving water.

My old next door neighbour however swore by leaving it on, as the scent attracted more bream. Then again I did beat him about every time we went....
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

My prefered method, and the wife goes mad by the way so be careful, is to "ping" the slime off by holding the line under tension across my jeans and rubbing the slime off with my finger. It does work, but you end up with a decent Snot build up on you pants leg. Takes some explaining as well the first time you do it!

Comment

WD
        I can imagine the conversation LOL
        Les

Comment

Slide it down the line to the hook you can then roll it round the hook and wipe it off on a towel.
          Wigan Dan glad I aint your travelling partner and I bet you get a few strange looks if you stop for a pint after fishing.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Either slide it down over the hook or ping it but it has to come off.

Comment

Stretch the line across the back of your neck and pull it up over your head. This also saves on hair jel.
              Alternatively use a towel.

Comment

I am going to buy one of those golf towels to drape over my leg when Bream Fishing and use that. Either that or nick a bar towel off the local landlord.

Comment

trouble with beer towels is they slide off your leg and always fall in the water.

Comment

Have look in Poundland they do a pack of three small hand towels, they are loop knitted and take the slime off pretty good, no prizes for guessing the price

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Cheers all
                      Les

Comment

wigan dan you braver than me

Comment

it defo needs to come off so i slide it down to the hook then round the hook and its off thats how i do it anyway
                          Make The Most Off Your Peg ;)

Comment

use a dry dishcloth rub it up the line from your hook works for me
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Guinness is good for you.

Comment

I would certainly always remove any slime on the line. I'm not sure if the weight will effect your rig as I have never left it on! but it certainly will be visible.

I usually do it by running the slim up or down to the next knot or shot and use that to help get it off. Then just flick off any surpluss of my hand (like you would a stubborn bogey ) than wipe my hands on a towel.

J

Comment

Working...
                              X