Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

TA Matches 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA Matches 2007

Without doubt the most enjoyable part of a forum like this, is getting out and meeting fellow users on the bank, enjoying the banter, and fishing matches.
    I think that if the forum is to thrive, then there needs to be some matches arranged to build the relationships and friendly rivalries that we had a couple of years back. I dont know if the mods have anything in the pipeline, but know I from booking my local club matches that the top venues are booked up well in advance, so any matches for 2007 would need to be booked sooner rather than later.

The problem for me is we are all over the country...

So we need to have regional match organisers I think - do we have any volunteers and if so which regions are you in?

It may be running before we can walk but I would like to have it as a regional championship perhaps a league system culminating in a Talk Angling national final in a central location.... what do you guys think?

I am in Doncaster so can do Yorkshire and surrounds.... Anybody want to volunteer?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

That sounds like a great idea if we can get it to work. I'm not really in a position to organise anything in the west midlads at the moment, and there are anglers better placed than me to do it.

However my knowledge of the East midlands circuit and venues is still pretty good, and i still have a lot of contacts over leicester and derby way if thats any help.
      [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Matches

I am also in the yorkshire region, and I am quite happy for you to arrange matches in this area.

Thanks.

Comment

ill help out in my area
          sensas /total angling

Comment

sounds really good...... i don't mind doing my bit i have been looking for something to do since cornerstone wrapped up... maybe a league,teams of 3
            canal, pool , river...
            In darkness we do what we can
            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Good idea a nice bit of variety mate, not sure you will get many on the river or canal, (lack of carp) but can live in hope! Larry ( Pete ) with your experience i think you would be ideal for the Midlands region mate, nice one

Comment

right i just posted a really long post about what to do im not doing it again but just to tell you basically

right if we want to get something sorted for next year we need to sort it out now get it in the waterworks

right if intrested in a league or something

i was thinking of a match between two people at a time over a host of venues just like the one they do in match fishing

right put down or names the nearest mercial or river a nicely pegged river so are disabled members can fish it aswell

dave ricks

browning cudmore

river servern shrewsbury qurry strecth
                sensas /total angling

Comment

the really long post got wiped off much to my big fingers that press all the buttons including the entertainment button which lost evertyhing
                  sensas /total angling

Comment

im thinking if we get 50 intrested 25 indivual matches which when you draw together you organise between yourself and also if we get south anglers intrested and north we have a people in north fishing againsnt each other and south againsnt each other minimize travel

or we could copy total fishing and just have meet ups on venues like club anglers
                    sensas /total angling

Comment

Dave TA matches for members to have a get together would be best. The suggestion for some matches to be on different types of venues also has merit.
                      John - Kingfisher
                      Talk Angling Senior Member
                      Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Dave not wishing to put a damper on any idea that would get us together, the idea of a knockout was mooted last year and did not get past the first round, it has its flaws for instance how many venues allow a keepnet in a 2 peg knockup, what if someone in lets say the north west eg. Liverpool draws some one in the south eg London, who sorts the venue is it home advantage, is it practical to exect either angler in this sort of case to travel 200+ miles to fish for what a fiver or a tenner?
                        It works for the magazines because they can afford the £200 prize money per round thats maybe cheaper than what they pay per article or feature.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

ok then knock ups it is
                          sensas /total angling

Comment

good ideas ...it really is a great opertunity....there is just one problem and i ain't trying to put a damper on things........but getting anglers to commit them selves is like Hereford winning the fa cup (sorry Hereford you know i love you ) its a problem i cant solve i have tried many things even enticement with big money prizes doesn't really work.... i like the idea of one on one...and regional to start with that may work BUT it means half the anglers would be knocked out straight away defeats my object of getting anglers together... maybe mini leagues with the winner and second go into next round least that way anglers will fish a few one to ones depending on how many anglers we get.... I'm easy long as something happens...
                            In darkness we do what we can
                            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

well regional knock ups is the best thing i think
                              sensas /total angling

Comment

Working...
                              X