Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

feeding advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeding advise

hi knowing the amount of good anglers on here,need advise on maggot feeding.
    there are 15 of us fish lots of different venues. this weeks venue was Colman's cottage on wood. method now is maggot.
    one of our members wins nearly every week, he is a very good angler, he tells you a bit but not to much.
    he fished top 3 plus one, I did the same just a bit further out. he had 120lb 95lbs second 94 8oz 3rd i had 94lb
    i just kept on throwing maggots all the time only because the lake is stuffed full
    can someone on here please give me advise on the best way to feed with maggots thanks.

Was missing a lot of bites,if so cut the amount you was feeding perhaps,I’m assuming the lake is F1s and proper carp.
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

thanks for reply yes full off big F1s and carp average 6lbs yes did miss lots of bites.
      thing is I am one of those anglers who just cant stop feeding what ever the weather.
      I still do all right though. but there has to be a knack to feeding this chap never stops wining.

Comment

I’m the same mate,guilty of lumping it in,now I leave all big pots at home and a pinch of Maggots not half a handful.
        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

I am far from perfect when it comes to feeding. Good feeding has to be one of the key attributes that top anglers possess. It does appear you are feeding too much, with missed bites or liners. As we know, each day is different, but would suggest a more cautious start by feeding say half the amount you normally would. it would then be a matter of trying to read what they want to keep them coming, which I do not find too easy. At this time of year, I would generally feed more less often, rather than little and often. If possible, keep an eye on the guy who keeps winning to see how he looks to be feeding. Good luck.

Comment

A mistake a lot of Anglers are guilty of is Fishing in the Bait .
            I rarely fish directly in the area my Bait is being introduced .
            Obviously the area where you are feeding will attract fish into your peg & this is the area most anglers will concentrate on.
            If you are missing lots of bites try putting an extra section on ,Fish Away from your feed .
            Don't stop feeding .
            Imagine what's happening Under the Surface !!
            Fish are Swimming up through you feed & then following the bait back down , Imagine your Fish as feeding in a Fountain.
            always fish off your feed up to 6ft past ,to the right to the left & short contently rotating around the edge of your feed
            ,you will have less liners & missed bites ,Foul Hookers will be few & fr between .
            This will mean your catch rate improves & lasts for longer
            Resulting in more fish & Bigger weights ,
            Your Success level will improve .& you will soon be the 1 to beat
            Last edited by BIG COL; 1 week ago.
            Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
              A mistake a lot of Anglers are guilty of is Fishing in the Bait .
              I rarely fish directly in the area my Bait is being introduced .
              Obviously the area where you are feeding will attract fish into your peg & this is the area most anglers will concentrate on.
              If you are missing lots of bites try putting an extra section on ,Fish Away from your feed .
              Don't stop feeding .
              Imagine what's happening Under the Surface !!
              Fish are Swimming up through you feed & then following the bait back down , Imagine your Fish as feeding in a Fountain.
              always fish off your feed up to 6ft past ,to the right to the left & short contently rotating around the edge of your feed
              ,you will have less liners & missed bites ,Foul Hookers will be few & fr between .
              This will mean your catch rate improves & lasts for longer
              Resulting in more fish & Bigger weights ,
              Your Success level will improve .& you will soon be the 1 to beat
              Too right Col --when I feed my bread its very rare that I fish directly over the feed ,,sometimes past it and sometimes closer in. the only time I will ,is if it is a really hard day.and there are few fish about and I feed a very small pinch and go directly over it with a tiny bit of punch
              Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

Comment

Sound info guys. Fishing away from my feed is something I seldom do. I will be taking your advice.

Comment

some really great reply s thanks a lot I will surely try big cols advise
                  Last edited by fishingfreek; 5 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X