Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test

test
    Colin

I Didn't post this Test
    Colin

Comment

Col did you try to post a test thread at all,

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

No Bri
        I haven't tried to do anything .
        Slowly finding my way around things .
        Still not sure how to answer PM cant find reply .
        Never mind mate Ii will get it Sorted
        Will get my 5 yr old Grand daughter to give me a lesson lol
        Colin

Comment

Col there is no reply button for PMs it is simply a case of scrolling to the bottom of the page, there you will see a box with write something in it and below that the send button. Its much the same as replying to a thread.

Comment

Brian, I think the problem is where you need to reply is a photo of rods on buzzers and it's a bit confusing. I am sure we will get there in time. John
            John

Comment

John we had the background changed to be white. The photo still lies in the background but should not interfere with viewing or posting. Are you still seeing the picture.

Comment

But why do we need a photo in the background? To be honest Brian a lot of us are old Pharts like me and Col and seeing a photo means nothing and I do realise how much work has gone into the site and I applaud Simon for his efforts. Let's give it till Xmas and I do think we will be back to normal.
                John

Comment

Perhaps a different picture would have been better, A nice river scene with a few anglers on it, or just simply a plain coloured back ground. Had time allowed we should have loaded and run it off line, well that would have been my option. Once loaded we could have fully tested its functionality. Sadly time did not allow that as the old software became very unstable, to the extent that I was almost permanently having to get hold of Simon. I understand the use of a picture albeit not much is on view, its angling related on an angling site.
                  So yes a few months down the line might see a few changes that helps to make the site better.

Comment

Originally posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
                    Brian, I think the problem is where you need to reply is a photo of rods on buzzers and it's a bit confusing. I am sure we will get there in time. John
                    The background of the box to type text in replying or creating a new thread is white.

If youre seeing anythign other than that id suggest you clear your browser cache & restart it.

Comment

I cant see any pictures of rods or Buzzers !
                      My page has A fish pus talk Angling .co.uk in Blue top left hand corner
                      The whole page is Black with white writing apart from instructional words dotted around that are Yellow
                      I am confused
                      But getting closer to working it out every day .
                      Colin

Comment

You using a Zx spectrum Col ? We Yuppies have got colour. The picture we are on about is set in the background and is a carper? stood behind 4 rods think he has a cup of tea and maybe a fag on the go. the site sits on the top of the picture, the picture does show through in parts
                        The picture is most viewable on th forum home page.

Comment

Top of the Range All singing all Dancing system Coloum 3 TB Windows 10 Separate with a Wireless 26" Screen
                          I think its a Background ive chosen ,there is something behind it
                          I will see if i can uncover it
                          Colin

Comment

I tried other styles and whilst the picture did disappear, so did the Talk Angling Logo. So it looks like its the style you have chosen Col.

Comment

Working...
                            X