Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Best 24 Hour (Night) Venue, West Midlands?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 24 Hour (Night) Venue, West Midlands?

Looking for a place to night fish this saturday around the West Midlands, somewhere youd hope to catch something 25lb+ and preferrably not somewhere that often blanks, cheers!

shatterford lakes
    Colin

Comment

Barston - road side is usually match free during week and only occasionally a match is on at weekend, but check first. You won't blank here - famous last words lol.

Comment

Forgot to add - not many fish over 25lbs but plenty between 10 and 20lbs.

AB

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, booked in at shatterford for saturday, will add to this thread with how i get on, on pegs 10/11 if you have any tips or advice, i know its pretty deep

Comment

1 Tip for you,make sure your not undergunned tackle wise,those cats will pull your arms off.
            Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

And take some good antbacterial hand wash, and use it

Oh and if your in the BAA , been told Copice lake is worth a go
              River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

Originally posted by RM98 View Post
                Thanks for the suggestions, booked in at shatterford for saturday, will add to this thread with how i get on, on pegs 10/11 if you have any tips or advice, i know its pretty deep
                Don't go in the water those grass carp are like sharks 😂

AB

Comment

Grant will give you all the info you need mate
                  just contact fishery, hes a Great Bloke & what he don't know aint worth knowing
                  Colin

Comment

Nice one lads, ill let you know how i get on

Comment

Good luck mate hope you get your String pulled
                      Been thinking of having a night or 2 over there myself i would love to catch 1 of them Big Cats !
                      Colin

Comment

UPDATE: Definitely got defeated haha, with 3 friends on pegs 10-13 and none of us got a thing, probably around 12 people on the lake all with 2 or 3 rods and i didnt see a single fish in 24 hours. Plenty of surface activity in the afternoon but just no feeding. The opposite bank had some other lads sending out 35 consecutive spods tight to the island and they didnt get a single bleep. Had a rod scream off where id set a pop up about 10ft in from peg 9 but struck into nothing. Steep price for a renowned quiet lake, £35 for the 24 hours, cafes only open for about 40 mins in the morning and i think i need a new clutch in my car haha, good night though and met some good lads, learnt a lot and will hopefully return one day to more success.

Comment

You really must try Barston - I'm confident you will catch a few decent size Carp during a 24 hour session. If your lucky you might get pegs between 100 and 124 with the higher numbers the best areas.

Good luck

AB

Comment

Will definitely be trying there in the upcoming weeks, would you reccomend the main lake or Jakes Lake? & have you ever fished Bells Mill or Millbrook ? I hear those getting mentioned a fair amount

Comment

I fished kings nordley. The Gage pool, on Sunday.
                              Plenty there doing 24hours, nice bunch of blokes too looks well worth ago mate.
                              River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

Working...
                              X