Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

carp bashing day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carp bashing day

i went for a full day out fishing, with Boldrick plans, boiled up hemp n corn, mixed in the secret ingredients to the groundbout and away i went.

only.. i found ut the bream and roach loved the hemp corn and was plagued by them for hours, the swim was brimming with carp but.. roach.. bream roach roach and leaping 10 feet out the water bream, had a few carp to thr 3-4 lb region on double 6 elastic again.

i started on double 8's after tightening the elastic fromthe oroginal full 5meter, took about a foot of untentioned elastic off but.. bumped about 4 or 5 times more fish than bites, owch! with the full legnth i was bringing in about 95 percent of all bites.. so hay hoe there yu go onthat one, switched back to the 6's and started hitting ,ost stuff, still bumped a few but havent got a clue what they were, i suspect it was fish sides.
    Aster a strngent baiting 'plan' i had my swim alive, series of bream bubbles then the roach and ever all carp all feeding happily away.
    started on maggot untill they wanted corn, then bread then maggot, 1 maggot 3 maggot 4 n bunch's back to btrad..ffff talk about chop n change untill i'd ran out of bait basically, but, i had thm on the go from 7 am till tea time when i located the 'lunchonmeat'.. now i've neverliked using it for some reason, no matter what i'd done with it in the past it was a slow bait or miss a bite bait, but this time it really sorted out the lumps from the bumps, the lumps wouldnt touh it! but the little bumps did lol.. had one nice roach to raise my hopes about a pound but after that it was all onthe 30 odd maggots i gad rumagign round the now caster turned. (casters sorted the smallest fish of all...).

then the carp moved in big stile.. smashing pads at first for ooo 3 or four minutes then then deathly silence and a bubble fester in 3 4 and 5's here there and every where..
    on went bigger and bigger bits of lunchon.. the roach were braving it and nipping away but no carp.. on went the dwindling maggot and wammo! this thing takes off like a rocket, after 20 odd minutes a guy walks past and sais ''i that the same fish?'' ..yup it was, he went on his way...another twenty odd minutes later of in out n shake it all about i started thinking cat fish? big chub? cant be a pike...
    the guy returns to watch for 10-15 minutes and leves, the fish still going strong, and still not seen.

10 minutes or a life time later i get a sight.... ermmm little 2-3 pounder, i'm thinking it must be tail hook.. nope lines in it's mouth.. or as i discover later just outside the mouth in the armiout head...dohhhh, the scales the matt.. the camera ready .... fot some respect for the little feller, i've not felt anythingthat size fight as hard or as long evn on a pound bottom the 5 lbers can be in in under half hour..

lay stretched down the bank as it recovered for a good 10 minutes..thinking damn!..should be away by now.. it did, no warning it just flew out my hands. 2 minutes later its outside my peg crusing around looking at me lol. took two maggots i'd found on the bank no problem and continues cruising at me.

the perch is just short of a pound.
    Attached Files

I just cringe when I see a load of big fish in keep nets.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/rover220coupeturbo/ta3.jpg[/IMG]

Effort = Success

Comment

funny you should mension that, the tiddlers went straight back in the water, and... dont think i'll be doing it again tbh.. it was to see what i was doing in a sesh, its been a couple 5 years as i've been in bed best part of 4 year..or in a chair or on the bog lol.. i had to get out one way or the other. fishing seemed a good way to do it, i was sort of stuck there for the last 3 hours untill i could get to the car lol.. but there yu go. (things are looking up).

3lb isnt big compaired to other carp, but in a net yup theyre big...

Comment

[QUOTE=carpmon43;272657]i went for a full day out fishing, with Boldrick plans, boiled up hemp n corn, mixed in the secret ingredients to the groundbout and away i went.

only.. i found ut the bream and roach loved the hemp corn and was plagued by them for hours, the swim was brimming with carp but.. roach.. bream roach roach and leaping 10 feet out the water bream, had a few carp to thr 3-4 lb region on double 6 elastic again.

i started on double 8's after tightening the elastic fromthe oroginal full 5meter, took about a foot of untentioned elastic off but.. bumped about 4 or 5 times more fish than bites, owch! with the full legnth i was bringing in about 95 percent of all bites.. so hay hoe there yu go onthat one, switched back to the 6's and started hitting ,ost stuff, still bumped a few but havent got a clue what they were, i suspect it was fish sides.
        Aster a strngent baiting 'plan' i had my swim alive, series of bream bubbles then the roach and ever all carp all feeding happily away.
        started on maggot untill they wanted corn, then bread then maggot, 1 maggot 3 maggot 4 n bunch's back to btrad..ffff talk about chop n change untill i'd ran out of bait basically, but, i had thm on the go from 7 am till tea time when i located the 'lunchonmeat'.. now i've neverliked using it for some reason, no matter what i'd done with it in the past it was a slow bait or miss a bite bait, but this time it really sorted out the lumps from the bumps, the lumps wouldnt touh it! but the little bumps did lol.. had one nice roach to raise my hopes about a pound but after that it was all onthe 30 odd maggots i gad rumagign round the now caster turned. (casters sorted the smallest fish of all...).

then the carp moved in big stile.. smashing pads at first for ooo 3 or four minutes then then deathly silence and a bubble fester in 3 4 and 5's here there and every where..
        on went bigger and bigger bits of lunchon.. the roach were braving it and nipping away but no carp.. on went the dwindling maggot and wammo! this thing takes off like a rocket, after 20 odd minutes a guy walks past and sais ''i that the same fish?'' ..yup it was, he went on his way...another twenty odd minutes later of in out n shake it all about i started thinking cat fish? big chub? cant be a pike...
        the guy returns to watch for 10-15 minutes and leves, the fish still going strong, and still not seen.

10 minutes or a life time later i get a sight.... ermmm little 2-3 pounder, i'm thinking it must be tail hook.. nope lines in it's mouth.. or as i discover later just outside the mouth in the armiout head...dohhhh, the scales the matt.. the camera ready .... fot some respect for the little feller, i've not felt anythingthat size fight as hard or as long evn on a pound bottom the 5 lbers can be in in under half hour..

lay stretched down the bank as it recovered for a good 10 minutes..thinking damn!..should be away by now.. it did, no warning it just flew out my hands. 2 minutes later its outside my peg crusing around looking at me lol. took two maggots i'd found on the bank no problem and continues cruising at me.

the perch is just short of a pound.[/Q

heaven wont have me
        and hells afraid i'll take over

Comment

it s a keyboard with a french ancent...

Comment

Working...
          X