Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

catfishing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catfishing?

does anyone know of any catfish lakes around the leicestershire/midlands area?
    thanks
    eb

There is Dog Lane fishery but i think i remember being told that most of them have died in there.
    There are 7 Cats in A little place called Mill Pool fishery in rugby with a biggest of 60lb.

The best person to contact would be hurricane
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Shatterford, pool hall Alveley and Townsend all a stones throw from each other near kidderminster!
      HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Give hurricane a pm

Comment

If your looking for your first cat or just the odd summer trip.Lakemore fishery near Crewe is well worth making the effort,it probably holds more cats than any other venue in the country,you can fish long lake for app £1.00 per hr,nice well run fishery that responds to most methods.Shatterford is still worth a visit but avoid weekends it can be a nightmare,if you are considering getting into it,you could join the syndicate at Adams pool Alcester by contacting TWO CATZ(Ray),who will give you all the details you need.here"s a few pics from our trip to Lakemore at the end of April.
          Attached Files
          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Thanks for that. What kind of kit is best for cats?? i read somewhere that u shud use 12-15lb line max ?? That seems abit light to me.
            Thanks
            eb

Comment

Originally posted by eb View Post
              Thanks for that. What kind of kit is best for cats?? i read somewhere that u shud use 12-15lb line max ?? That seems abit light to me.
              Thanks
              eb
              Like any type of fishing it does depend on the venue and the size of fish resident,but I use 25lb sensor and 3lb original hyperloops and if I fished for cats more often I would up this dramatically,you realy do need to be able to take control,a big cat on a mission is awesome.Give it a try you wont be dissapointed,and if you get the timing right they are the easiest of the BIG freshwater fish to catch.

Comment

Peter, cant remember if i asked you this but do they allow lures at all there? not necessarily ones with trebles but shads, texas rigged softies, large jigs, surface lure
                Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
                Perch-3lb
                Tench-5 1/2lb
                Carp-15lb
                Barbel-10 1/2lb
                Chub 5 1/4lb
                Roach 1 1/2lb
                Rudd 2lb
                Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

what kind of rigs do you use and so you everhave trouble with deep hooking?

Comment

Originally posted by Reynolds2k7 View Post
                    Peter, cant remember if i asked you this but do they allow lures at all there? not necessarily ones with trebles but shads, texas rigged softies, large jigs, surface lure
                    No mate I don"t know of any of these types of waters that will allow lure fishing, plus lure fishing is most effective with a roving approach that would not be practical on these type of venues.

Comment

what kind of rigs do you use and so you everhave trouble with deep hooking?
                      There are a few "complicated " rigs(mostly for livebaiting),but a simple free running ledger rig will work on most waters,a chunk of mackerel or a BIG lump of meat hair rigged on something like 45lb quicksilver is the perfect rig to start with,as you progress the dumbell is the most commonly used for baitsb fished near to the surface.but keep it simple to start with,and no very rarely have I had any deep hooked fish and once on the bank cats tend to be extremely well behaved compared to other species.

Comment

cheers, im heading over to the tackle shop tomoz so what size hooks would be best and what kind of bite indication works best (exept bite alrms)
                        thanks
                        eb

Comment

Hopefully, il be visiting france soon for a go with lures for them, I dont know why i like lures so much i think its the excitement of feeling a huge tug at the end of the rod when you least expect it...
                          Think i may give crewe a go though with the above information, is livebaiting allowed their? only asking because im allergic to dead fish
                          Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
                          Perch-3lb
                          Tench-5 1/2lb
                          Carp-15lb
                          Barbel-10 1/2lb
                          Chub 5 1/4lb
                          Roach 1 1/2lb
                          Rudd 2lb
                          Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

cheers, im heading over to the tackle shop tomoz so what size hooks would be best and what kind of bite indication works best (exept bite alrms)
                            thanks
                            eb
                            Eb you will need extra strong hooks in size 1/0 or 2/0 barbless, eagle wave or a similar brand,As for bite indication you have 2 chioces,standard carp type bobbins that fit to the front rest and hang below the rod and fish off the bait runner or rear drop of style that fit to the rear rest and clip to the line under the reel spool and are fished with the bail arm open,in both cases it would be needed to visually watch them all the time without some form of electronic alarm(quite a task).Even very cheap ones would do the job.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by hurricane; 4th June 2011, 12:19 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Reynolds2k7 View Post
                              Hopefully, il be visiting france soon for a go with lures for them, I dont know why i like lures so much i think its the excitement of feeling a huge tug at the end of the rod when you least expect it...
                              Think i may give crewe a go though with the above information, is livebaiting allowed their? only asking because im allergic to dead fish
                              Officialy no mate,but if its quiet(angler wise) and you ask Mark Ashmore the owner BEFORE doing it he sometimes allows it,having said that on our last visit most of the fish caught fell to meat(maggotdrowner had 2 30s and scorpio had a22 on it)halibut pellets and worms,all easy to source and use,Mark sells pellets on site and you can even hire a 50in net for a fiver or he was selling them for £20.00 on our last visit.Regards Peter.
                              Last edited by hurricane; 4th June 2011, 12:20 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                              X