Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Old Skool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Skool

The latest craze(including the spelling).So i dug out these old boys but couldnt resist a bit of tech,
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Nice bit of carbon there,peter! What rods are they mate?
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Very old Shimano catanas mate.

Comment

Shimano rods are,and always have been superb!
        Nice to see a bit of old skool ;-)
        Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
          Shimano rods are,and always have been superb!
          Nice to see a bit of old skool ;-)
          Agreed,Still use original Hyperloops for catting.

Comment

Seeing photos like this really gets on my tits, we as match fishermen have to pay our rod licence and also have to join the trust to enable us to fish certain competitions. You so called speci hunters turn up at a venue pitch your tents, stoves. Then you throw three rods all over the venue, yet you still only need one licence, its a joke.
            Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
            If you havnt got a good partner.
            Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

Rive, you need to get your leg over.

If you have look on the carp forums, there's a rig for it.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rive t View Post
                Seeing photos like this really gets on my tits, we as match fishermen have to pay our rod licence and also have to join the trust to enable us to fish certain competitions. You so called speci hunters turn up at a venue pitch your tents, stoves. Then you throw three rods all over the venue, yet you still only need one licence, its a joke.
                Tony,Tony,Tony this has to be your most pathetic attempt for a long time,are you losing your touch or what?although you have left the gate wide open,your not gonna frame unless you get just the basics right(spending too much time at Swan pool).One rod licence covers an angler to fish with 2 rods(the choice is yours)I like most so called speci anglers buy 2 rod licences every year which allows me to fish with up to 4 rods,and most venues limit me to 2 or 3 and often charge extra by the rod so it looks like I"m subsidising your gambling habit.

Comment

Tu chet.. haha.. these match angler haven't got a clue.. they're fed up with catching a 6lb carp every chuck on whatever bait they want.... they can stick their pellet reared carp catching up their hoop holes haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Rive t View Post
                    Gets on my tits as well.

His middle alarm is higher than the others, hangers aren't all level and real handles aren't the same.
                    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/rover220coupeturbo/ta3.jpg[/IMG]

Effort = Success

Comment

Originally posted by Azz View Post
                      Gets on my tits as well.

His middle alarm is higher than the others, hangers aren't all level and real handles aren't the same.
                      Let me guess. The one on the left is just having a drop back. He caught a 30lb Carp after the photo was taken
                      [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
                      [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
                      [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
                      [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane View Post
                        Tony,Tony,Tony this has to be your most pathetic attempt for a long time,are you losing your touch or what?although you have left the gate wide open,your not gonna frame unless you get just the basics right(spending too much time at Swan pool).One rod licence covers an angler to fish with 2 rods(the choice is yours)I like most so called speci anglers buy 2 rod licences every year which allows me to fish with up to 4 rods,and most venues limit me to 2 or 3 and often charge extra by the rod so it looks like I"m subsidising your gambling habit.
                        If like me you Buy your licence on line dont need to pay for 2 !!
                        Last year they sent me 4 & told me to use a specific licence number ,they would cancell the rest !
                        This year 4 again told me to use any 1 of them & dispose of the others by cutting up to avoid admin costs !
                        Obviously trying to sweep their incmpetence under the Mat
                        Colin

Comment

EA bailiffs are like buses,you don't see any then 2 come along at the same time,lol.

Comment

Until the last year or so I've generally been old skool whether I like it or not. I've been using 15-20 year old gear since the day it was bought. My match style gear was Daiwa Tommy Pickering stuff with original Japanese Stradic GTMs, Shimano Stradic Tip rod and an original Porky Pig. My carp gear included the original Daiwa Powermesh with the original Baitrunner GTs. I've also just managed to find and buy some of the original Daiwa Powermesh Avons. Times and techniques move on but good gear doesn't suddenly go bad overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by maverboy View Post
                              EA bailiffs are like buses,you don't see any then 2 come along at the same time,lol.
                              They arrived @ Moorlands on Thursday only 3 of them this time ,they usualy come mob handed 5 or 6 of them
                              They had a great time going round booking most of the little kids even the owners 13yr old son who thought because Dad owns Moorlands he didnt need a EA licence .
                              We all know they should be educated but i for 1 would rather see a few lads fishing than hanging around in gangs on the streets !!
                              Instead of targeting these little kids these EA baillifs should be out policing our waterways & protecting them against the minorities that are doing the real damage on our waters !!
                              There have been 2 fellas fishing on East Diglis all through the closed season float or feeder fishing every Sunday
                              No one has bothered to check them
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X