Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

backleads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backleads

Can anyone tell me what situation i might need to use backleads on a commercial fishery & how best to use them as i never have used them before?

Unlikely you would need them,thier main use is to keep most of the line between the rod tip and the lead/feeder pinned to the bottom,this is often used by specimen anglers to stop fish spooking from the line,it can also help avoid line bites and is useful if fishing from a high bank and can help if boats or waterfowl might snag your line.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Thanks for the info hurricane, you`re right i may never use them ,but then again i may do, at least i've got the knowledge now if ever the chance arises, so thanks again bud!!

Comment

i agree with wat hurricane says on that
        [url]http://www.yorkshirecarpcrew.com/index.php[/url]

Comment

My local has a high bank and i blank when i dont use a back lead took me months to work it out lol. not blanked since pulling 15-20lb commons out cant get enough lol
          [IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/tarks/fledger.jpg[/IMG]Fledger....... Here'.. fishy fishy fishy..:
          Speci Carper

Comment

I hate backleads with a passion and with a tight line and backlead your line will never be flush to the deck. If you look at a backlead there is usually a good inch or so from the actual back lead to where you connect your like there for your line and leader will be an inch off bottom, not even to mention about shelves that might be positioned out in the lake. Slack lines, all the way!!!
            The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
            [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

I use these mate Carp Fishing - Carp Leads - Fox - Fox Captive Back Leads 112g .

always worked well, but like Adamc said your always going to have gaps where the bed of the lake differs !!
              [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][B]Carp - 25lb 8oz
              Pike - 11lb
              Sturgeon - 26lb 3oz
              Roach - 2lb
              Chub - 4lb[/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Adamc View Post
                I hate backleads with a passion and with a tight line and backlead your line will never be flush to the deck. If you look at a backlead there is usually a good inch or so from the actual back lead to where you connect your like there for your line and leader will be an inch off bottom, not even to mention about shelves that might be positioned out in the lake. Slack lines, all the way!!!
                even slack lines will be off the deck, the only way of knowing if your line is flat to the deck from rod to bait is to get underwater and have a look. Back leads are a godsend when used correctly.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I use them all the time and swear by them and at some venues even use two to pin them down even more . Also helps you from getting a fish go through your other rods when being landed
                  Give it a rub and it might do something !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by polehard View Post
                    I use them all the time and swear by them and at some venues even use two to pin them down even more . Also helps you from getting a fish go through your other rods when being landed
                    Easier with a flying backlead as opposed to two clip on backleads

Yes Scorpio you have a point especially with the obstacles in front of you from tip to lead.
                    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
                    [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

i see where you're coming from about the backleads but with slack lines, if a fish comes towards you then you're gonna get little or even no indication that you've got a fish on as your line is already slack. All this crap about line following the contours of the lake bed is a load of crap. We all know it's just another way of getting cash out of the carp anglers. Personal preference i think. However when i do occasionally fish slack lines i still put a backlead on so i know that my line is as close to the deck as possible!

Tight lines!

Comment

Working...
                      X