Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pike infested canal-2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pike infested canal-2

May I ask where the said thread has been moved to? Had a look around and can't find it.

No pm from Tony ref the thread either.

Removed by me whilst its considered if the content is appropriate as several of the posts could be used by the antis.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

congratulations at least someone has the common sense to see where this thread was leading even if it was started as an inocent thread lets just hope that "rive t" comes to his senses and abandons his intentions along with his fellow match anglers

Comment

I'm slightly confused as it clearly states "moved" and not "removed". As for the used by the anti's, there are a good few threads here that contain far more ammunition for them.

Surely the fact that it contained evidence of certain factions here disregarding EA and club rules was the most likely reason for removal?

The thread actually highlighted the fact that several members here were either ignorant of the rules which they were meant to be abiding by or choosing to ignore the one's that did not suit them.

If it was indeed removed for the reasons stated perhaps it would have been fairer to edit those posts out leaving the main thread.

Comment

Chico its been moved not deleted into an area where it it is not visible to the whole of the membership to allow it to be edited if deemed as needed, nothing more nothing less, up till yesterday most of the posts were not a problem, however it seems that one or two are now posting simply to create a reaction, believe me you are being wound up to the point where another turn will see your main spring busted.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
            Removed by me whilst its considered if the content is appropriate as several of the posts could be used by the antis.
            Can you please make your mind up? One post says removed the last says moved.

I am simply responding to the thread and not "wound up", I do however take any mention of illegal activity especially regrding pike seriously. If Tony is in fact just trying to get a reaction and alienate pikers he has probably succeeeded.

I look forward to seeing the thread re-instated after you have edited it.

Comment

At the end of the day Chico it was getting a bit out of hand
              With reference to your observations about the legality of moving or removing fish
              I agree with you that a lot of Anglers not just Match Anglers are not aware of the laws of Transfer
              I also agree that there is no need whatsoever to remove Large pike from anywhere as they do help to keep
              fisheries healthy .
              However there is sometimes a need to remove not Kill or Cull numbers of jack pike from a water when they have bred or survived
              in excessive numbers
              creating a situation where they are actively decimating stocks of Smaller fish to survive !!
              This situation used to be dealt with by the various water boards until they were replaced by the E/A ,since then the waterways of this country have been left basicaly to fend for themselves
              Just like any waterway canals & rivers need to be managed efficently & this no longer happens
              We will see in the Angling press in the next few weeks Fish being rescued from Canals or lakes in various parts of the country
              By match anglers, pleasure anglers & specimen anglers because the sewerage farms cant cope with the thaw & extra water that it produces
              Not Neccesarily there fault the guys in that industry work realy hard to avoid spillages but because of all the new homes being built they just cannot cope
              All of us that rescue fish & put them in other waters that are safe are breaking the law not because we are criminals !!
              because we care !!
              What will the E/A say or do ??
              Nothing !!
              At the end of the day Chico there is not a true Angler out there that would intentionaly harm Fish of any type
              There will always be the odd person that will catch something & move it somewhere .
              A lot of us remember when Zander spread like wild fire across the country just because a few irresponsible people
              thought it would be ok
              Sorry for rant
              I am a Match Angler that just like 10000s of others cares what happens to our waterways !!
              Last edited by BIG COL; 28th December 2010, 03:20 PM.
              Colin

Comment

It was getting out of hand simply because match anglers were threatening to remove pike.That in itself may have been a "wind-up" but some reading it may have thought that they might do i too.

The EA are not powerless at all. If pike were to be removed it is the EA who would be the only ones allowed to do it. They can be contacted and it is their call after investigation if they can be moved.

You may not wish harm upon any fish but there are those that do, we at the PAC (Pike Anglers Club) see and hear of many instances where the blinkered and ignorant try to alter the natural balance of fisheries by removing pike. That in itself is more than enough to inform ,educate and stop the malpractise.

Comment

I was for many years Superintendent Baillif for WDUAA when it was amongst the largest Angling Associations in the Country
                  As part of that i was involved with Severn / Trent Consultative
                  they actively managed the waterways around our area restocking /fish movement/ access Bank clearing etc
                  The day the E/A took over it all stopped IMO
                  All the E/A are interested in is PROFIT .
                  No more from me on this one my friend .
                  Last edited by BIG COL; 28th December 2010, 04:03 PM.
                  Colin

Comment

congratulations are in order for "rive t" if this was a wind up as he caught himself 185lb of angry fighting fish in one cast !!
                    I concede that I was starting to take it personaly and my replies where starting to get below the belt so for this reason I for one am quite glad that the thread has been removed and i appologise to anyone who took offence to any of my comments that where posted. I just hope that some valuable lessons where learnt by others who have read these posts

Comment

I tell you what,these "Match Anglers" have a lot to answer for.They have no regard for the welfare of the waterways they fish,and the fish and other flora and fauna within them.I'm amazed they actually catch fish,because they obviously have zero watercraft,or understand the feeding habits of prey fish and predatory fish.I dunno tut tut.
                      Whats a commercial fishery ?

Comment

I'm not having a pop at anyone, well perhaps the ignorant and i'm sure you are not including yourself amongst those.

For the record I match fished for a number of years for RAF Wyton in the winter leagues so I can see more than one viewpoint. I do not tar all with the same brush.

Comment

apparently, they have taken the word gullible out of the dictionary.
                          Last edited by FORDY-1; 28th December 2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Or gullible even.
                            Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

If it was intended as a joke I'd say it was in poor taste. I remain to be convinced, perhaps Tony should comment, still waiting for a pm from him.
                              I would hope that if some piker decided to have a laugh by saying he has found 1000's of roach and skimmers holed up down a side drain that could be scooped out and everyone to come and remove them for bait I would hope that someone would step in and stop it, after all how would you know if he was serious or not? It would be a shame if you thought it were a joke and it then happenerd.

Comment

Working...
                              X