Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

foreitgn papers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foreitgn papers

right12 month ago i used to think you anglers were a load of blankers but....let me finish..... i went with the father in law and caught a few little perch etc etc. then the day after i caught a few more. since then i got "hooked". im now a devoted carper and always chasing "the big one". i never knew id be this keen. so when i was searching on google for carping venues near me i come across this... http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/...to-catch-them/
    its an article about a russian paper showing how to cook carp AND where to catch them! now ive only been fishing proper about 8-10 month but this takes the mick and enfuriates me!!!! whats your views?
    Last edited by hurricane; 14th September 2010, 11:55 PM. Reason: swearing

also im in the northwest (wigan end). does anyone know any good waters? you can email me instead of posting.
    tongi@hotmail.co.uk

Comment

Know what you mean mate. That recipe was a disgrace, the cooking times where all wrong and the wrong seasonings used.
      But that's Russians for ya eh.
      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

link doesnt work!

Comment

Carp were introduced to this country for food and they are still the primary food source in lots of Eastern European countries. I have eaten them several times and have to say it can be very good.

Mmm, carp barbeque at World Club Championships in Croatia 2006. I think this eating area was behind Darren Cox's peg.
          The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
          Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
          Check out:
          www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
          log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by stevelockett View Post
            Carp were introduced to this country for food and they are still the primary food source in lots of Eastern European countries. I have eaten them several times and have to say it can be very good.

Mmm, carp barbeque at World Club Championships in Croatia 2006. I think this eating area was behind Darren Cox's peg.
            should have em at all commies

Comment

Carp smokery, using the ones with dodgy lips?
              The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
              Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
              Check out:
              www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
              log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

In most other countries much of the fishing is for the pot.

I don't want to see it here - we have different traditions - but it's a bit arrogant to say other countries shouldn't do it.

Comment

Working...
                X