Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

carp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carp

a big carp on my team diawa carp rod i had 10lb line on my shinamo real i was night fishing my my float shot under my drag on my real was on tight (my bro lent it the night befor) and i hooked into a hige fishing as soon as i hooked it , it snapped my 10lb line like it was 2lb and it wasnt a cheepp line (diawa pro line)

Must've been a proper lump,mate. Never mind,keep trying and hopefully next time you'll land it. Are you sure the clutch was set properly?
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Hmmm, you can land a monster on decent 10lb line! I never get that problem, as I use elasticated method feeders, or leads, and a baitrunner reel, with a front clutch set to give line well before the breaking point.

Comment

Was it a dodgy knot mate?
        [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
        [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by connor View Post
          Was it a dodgy knot mate?
          no it wasnt a dodgy not mate because i had 10lb line all the way through and it all snapped off to my flot which i luckly kept

Comment

Your shot bust have weakened the line.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
              Your shot bust have weakened the line.
              Im always scared of that happening.
              [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
              [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
              [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
              [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

LOL!

It's funnier with the typo
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

first thing i would do is back off the drag so that you can pull line off before it snaps and then a bit more just to be safe. if you're worried about the shot damaging the line then switch to one of the shotless float connectors.
                  i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Comment

Working...
                  X