Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

big carp small elastic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big carp small elastic

i was fishing ringers bag em up paste in the margins with 6-10 middy hi-viz elastic when i hooked into a solid fish which just shot into the reeds 15 foot out it was the best fite i had in ages took me a hour too play and it weighting in at 15lb 6 o not bad for a 13 year old eh?

Not bad for a 13 year old mate,but the fact that it took you an hour to land it should also tell you that your laccy is too fine for margin fishing-you need to step it up,as it's not very good for the fish to be scrapping away for an hour,in fact you could harm the fish. I wouldn't fish anything finer than a 16 or 18 for big fish in the margins. They'll still scrap well,but they won't get harmed.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

nice one mate, no need to boast

Oh and good advice from paul!
      Last edited by blanker; 26th August 2010, 09:33 PM. Reason: extra info

Comment

if you do fish paste in margins but want light elastic have a pulla bung but still you want a good 12 laccy or a pure latex

Comment

Trouble with light laccy is that it is not only too soft for that size fish when fighting, it is to soft even when they are beat, a 15lb carp even when shot is a big weight to drag through the water.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

I remember the good old days when commercials just started and we were happy fishing No8 or 10 for any sized fish!

Top draw catching a 15lb fish on the pole, especially as your only 13! Keep it up, but like the lads say step your gear up, I wouldnt want to be playing a fish for more than 5 minutes, let alone an hour!
            Simon Young
            Admin
            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

i was using light elastic because i was catching little f1's

Comment

Working...
              X