Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Woop Woop great weekend - blanking over!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woop Woop great weekend - blanking over!!!

Well as promised i hit the pond hard on sunday, we had 4 hours of fishing scheduled in due to afternoon plans (pub)

I started off with just a float at about 16 inches on double sweetcorn and was pulling out roach/rudd every chuck, totalling about 20 silver.

I then changed depth to around 25 inches and took 3 mirrors and 1 crucian.

After 2 hours on this the bites dried up so i made the switch tot he method feeder.

Using Sonubaits match carp groundbait mixed with sweetcorn on a Korum in-line method feeder and double sweetcorn on the hook i cast out with the quiver tip and set it tight.

around 25 minutes passed with lots of little knocks which indicated the carp where knocking the feeder around and boom! the tip whipped round and as the rod pivoted on the front bank stick i grabbed the butt of the rod and quickly but gently pulled into the fish.

the end result was a beautiful 4lb Koi Carp, orange and black all over with a glistening white belly.

after that a few crucian came before the time came to pack up and leave for another day.

So after 3 blanks in a row i bagged up well this weekend, weight would of been around 40lbs in total but thats not a scientific calculation, just a guess.
    Regaining my love for fishing is like my love for my cars...expensive!!

James

Well done mate-told ya! ;-)
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

you did indeed!!!

James

Comment

Nice one, good to hear after a few blanking sessions.....
        The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad. ~A.K. Best

Comment

Originally posted by BarrieG View Post
          Nice one, good to hear after a few blanking sessions.....
          oh definately, was giving up hope if im honest!!

James

Comment

well done goood result fella keep it up

Tight Lines.
            [IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/tarks/fledger.jpg[/IMG]Fledger....... Here'.. fishy fishy fishy..:
            Speci Carper

Comment

sounds like a great day fishing to me, well done
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
              X