Just been down the severn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just been down the severn

Took bread, dog biscuits, and maggots, and went for a walk to see what was rising.

First place was Hamton Loade, and there was a few roach coming up straight away

Then went upstream to Danery, didnt even see a fish

Then went to quattford, would be a bit far to walk with me gear but looked nice, however, didnt see a fish, but did see what looks like a dead otter right at the side, looks like its been ate and chewed by somthing.

Didnt know there were otters on this middle section, no wonder i seen hardly any fish, i was look for an are to pre bait for the 16th but might concentrate on a diffrent river now.

Think this will be my last year of havin a BAA licence.

Originally posted by phil rowan View Post
    Took bread, dog biscuits, and maggots, and went for a walk to see what was rising.

First place was Hamton Loade, and there was a few roach coming up straight away

Then went upstream to Danery, didnt even see a fish

Then went to quattford, would be a bit far to walk with me gear but looked nice, however, didnt see a fish, but did see what looks like a dead otter right at the side, looks like its been ate and chewed by somthing.

Didnt know there were otters on this middle section, no wonder i seen hardly any fish, i was look for an are to pre bait for the 16th but might concentrate on a diffrent river now.

Think this will be my last year of havin a BAA licence.
    Apart from some of the wierpools & a few chosen areas The Severn is a waste of time Early in the season
    Definately needs a bit of colour water & pace on it @ the moment
    May be able to find one or two Bream shoals on the lower River !!
    But you will realy struggle to catch many Barbel etc due to the conditions
    Colin

Comment

was in Bewdley on Sunday and I must say it was low, in fact I don't think I have seen it much lower under the bridge for a few years
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

The Severn isn't what is used to be TBH. That's not good news about the otters though! Those things can decimate the local fish population.

I tend to fish the Teme instead.
        [B]Woodside Fishery[/B]

[URL="http://www.woodsidefishery.co.uk/"]http://www.woodsidefishery.co.uk/[/URL]

[B]Please be sure to check out my blog to see how the pools are fishing[/B]

If you need any help or info on any of the pools, just drop me a PM. I should be able to help - the pools belong to my dad :)

Comment

Originally posted by scorpio View Post
          was in Bewdley on Sunday and I must say it was low, in fact I don't think I have seen it much lower under the bridge for a few years
          Chips and gravy??? Fished it for many years opening day/week often dissapointed.
          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_1uk View Post
            The Severn isn't what is used to be TBH. That's not good news about the otters though! Those things can decimate the local fish population.

I tend to fish the Teme instead.
            There are Otters @ Berrows Farm, Nightwick ,Broadwas ,Cotheridge & Ham Hill All on Teme
            they eat everything that swims
            Colin

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane View Post
              Chips and gravy??? Fished it for many years opening day/week often dissapointed.
              Chips and Gravy and a pint or three in the cock and magpie
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

How long as there been otters on the middle severn? What would eat one of them, would it be a fox or somthing, or another otter?

Comment

I work on the river boat in worcester and we are gonna struggle to sail tomorrow cause severn is well down , we will be scraping the bottom.....

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                    There are Otters @ Berrows Farm, Nightwick ,Broadwas ,Cotheridge & Ham Hill All on Teme
                    they eat everything that swims
                    There's plenty of barbel and chub at berrow farm Col and I've had dace, roach and grayling too. I had a brown trout and a salmon kelt early this year too on breadflake!! Otters have territories of quite some range, so there shouldn't be that many in that 5 or 6 mile stretch surely??
                    [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Working...
                    X