Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Lures for Cats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lures for Cats

I noticed that people can catch catfish with lures, so i was wondering if anyone knows where any known catfish locations near doncaster/ shorpe area are. and would a stiff jerkbait rod with 50lb braid be a strong enough setup? cheers
    Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
    Perch-3lb
    Tench-5 1/2lb
    Carp-15lb
    Barbel-10 1/2lb
    Chub 5 1/4lb
    Roach 1 1/2lb
    Rudd 2lb
    Bream 6 1/2lb

For venues mate check out the ccg website,but i very much doubt you will find any uk cat water that allows the use of lures for cats,and from talking to an American friend its not a very productive method anyway.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

thank sfor the advice, just thought it would be an intresting way of catching them. iv sen sweeds with huge carfish from lures
      Personal Bests

Pike-23lb
      Perch-3lb
      Tench-5 1/2lb
      Carp-15lb
      Barbel-10 1/2lb
      Chub 5 1/4lb
      Roach 1 1/2lb
      Rudd 2lb
      Bream 6 1/2lb

Comment

They are predators at the end of the day and im certain if you were allowed to fish lures on the long lake at Lakemore you would have some success,get yourself on a venue like that with heavy pike or carp gear,a slight adaptation to your end rigs and baits and fill your boots with the best scrap your likely to get anywhere in the UK,if you decide to give it a go let me know and i will help with any advice you require mate.Regards Peter.

Comment

Get stuck into one like this you will never look back.welcome to the dark side

Comment

i have just started out after the bigger cats and i have been told that large halibut pellets are the best way to go is this true or are there better baits out there?

Comment

If enough pellets are going into the water then the cats can become preocupied on what they see as an easy meal, my own top baits are,livebaits(where allowed) deadbaits,meat,worms(dendrobenas are best) and my all time favourite a chunk of mackrel.are you fishing Lakemore?as its in your neck of the woods.

Comment

i had thought about fishing lakemore but i have just joined lymm angling club and they own crabmill flash which is in crewe and this has big cats in to over 60lb so i was going to try both of these

Comment

Just had a look,it seems like a good set of waters(wish we had simmilar near brum),best bet is to try to get info from the regulars,also if you sign up on the ccg website you can request info from the members(without having to join the ccg) i would be inclined to fish 1 rod on pellet 1 on live/dead(or mackrel chunk)and 1 on worms on a dumbell, like any form of angling its on the day,?(or night).be prepared for a few blanks but remember the rewards are well worth it.best of luck mate.Regards Peter.

Comment

Just had it on good authority that the moon phase(if you believe in that) and the weather this week are perfect for a few fish, so if you can get out do so.

Comment

im going out 2moro night on a smaller lake that has cats in up to 40lb and carp in up to 30lb so i hope i might hook in to a few fish but im not getting my hopes to high

Comment

Working...
                      X