Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

deadbait

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deadbait

are you allowed to fish for your own deadbaits, tap them on the head and then use them on a different water for pike

You need permission from the landowner to remove fish from a river. You would need permission from British Waterways for the canals. Pools etc. are usually privately owned, so again the owner / landowner. If a club leases the fishing rights on a water, it is also good manners to inform the club secretary, once you have gained permission from the owners.
    [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

i understand about the permission but are you allowed to use deadbait you have killed from one water and fish with it on another

Comment

Oh sorry mate - I'll read threads properly in future ! Yes you are I believe. I would feeze them first though, so it doesn't look like you've just caught them !

Comment

thanks phil, after watching the ea film on rod licences and saw the bugs in the gills of the rainbow trout it has made me more aware of fish disease and i wouldnt want to transfer any

Comment

Originally posted by hawb81 View Post
            thanks phil, after watching the ea film on rod licences and saw the bugs in the gills of the rainbow trout it has made me more aware of fish disease and i wouldnt want to transfer any
            Not seen that mate, but all fish in outside ponds will be carrying some parasites. Freezing your deadbaits will ensure you don't transfer any and of course they stay fresh too!

To be honest, I have always had more success with sea deadbaits than coarse fish myself and if I was only allowed to take one type ever again, it would be smelts.

Comment

Im certain there are days when pike will show a marked preference,but for me its all down to confidence,if i were limited to 1 bait it would be sardine,Scorpio will be on in a mo to say pike DONT eat them,it makes no sense but i struggle to catch on lamprey but thet have taken thousands of big pike....confidence.
              Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

i prefer roach as a deadbait and perch as a livebait, i havnt really tried seafood deadbaits but have some red mullets in the freezer and tried them twice but they are about a pound in weight and so far blanked with them

Comment

Originally posted by hawb81 View Post
                  i prefer roach as a deadbait and perch as a livebait, i havnt really tried seafood deadbaits but have some red mullets in the freezer and tried them twice but they are about a pound in weight and so far blanked with them
                  Try sardines mate and half mackerel.... herrings too are good, either half or whole if they are small.

Smelts though you will only get from the tackle shop, or online suppliers. They smell like cucumber and have caught me more pike than any other bait.

I don't use livebaits, so the supermarket fish counter is my friend, lol.

Comment

i use sardines and sprats from the fish monger but have gt a small stream nr me which is in a public park which is stuffed full with small brown trout(around 5-6 ins long) think these would be an ideal pike bait.

Comment

Working...
                    X