Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

jelly pellet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jelly pellet

im feed up with buying jelly pellet its either rubbish or too dry, has anyone had any good results in doing thier own, also i want to try putting colouring and flavouring with them.

Originally posted by pauly carp View Post
    im feed up with buying jelly pellet its either rubbish or too dry, has anyone had any good results in doing thier own, also i want to try putting colouring and flavouring with them.
    Hi Paul

I've done my own for many years. Put your required 4, 6 and 8mm pellet into a bait tub, either use a jelly or gelatin, dilute it and put it over your required size pellet, just cover them and then place on the lid, put them in the fridge over night. If you want to add colouring and or flavouring, just add to diluted jelly or gelatine once it as melted. Once i have done mine i keep them in an air tight stay fresh container. There is no need for pumping as the weight of the jelly is ample.

Regards Steve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vespe 6mm Side Puller Bushes

Comment

Have a read of this article, tells you all you need to know. Prepare jelly pellets, Talk angling UK online fishing feature

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Something very satisfying catching on something you have made yourself.

Comment

We all have our. Own way of doing things and none are better or worse others.
          I do mine this way. Dissolve gelatine in boiling water and let cool until virtually cold, keep stirring every so often so as gelatine doesn't congeal on the bottom of bait tub.
          Pour in pellets when water is right temp until just enough wAter to cover them.
          Leave for 20 mins, drain off and put in plastic bag with all air taken out, leave in fridge overnight. I find they don't blow. Up this way and stay more uniform.
          Some will not be right so just look of a uniform pellet.
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Hi.

Nearly the same as Dave, but i pump mine, put in tub, put a bit more of the gelatine in the tub , to cover pellets, leave 10 mins or so, give them a squeeze to see if o.k.

Drain off on maggot riddle, put in clean bait tub, and put in fridge, job done, and if you dont use them all .when you come home put them in the freezer, you will get another session out of them.

All the best steve.

Comment

What expanders do you use Steve? I tried freezing some Ringers one but they went horrible in the freezer so I had to chuck em.
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by spickup79 View Post
                What expanders do you use Steve? I tried freezing some Ringers one but they went horrible in the freezer so I had to chuck em.
                Mine are for feed pellets Stevie.
                I honestly think you get more bites on softened feed pellets than you do on expanders. My reasoning for this is. That you don't feed expanders but you DO feed feed pellets and they look washed out when prepared this way so the fish think they have been on the bottom for a while and are safe to eat.
                Prepare a coffee mug of feed pellets my way or the other lads ways and try it mate, you will also save a fortune on expensive expanders.
                On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Hi Steve.

Van den eynde R.S Elite, or Xpanda by Bait tech, you will find steve, you can only use them one time after freezing them, and when you chuck um, make sure it is outside in the bid, dont do what i did, and put them in a bin bag in the kitchen, it stank to high heaven, my mrs had to give me a slap.

All the best steve.

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
                    Mine are for feed pellets Stevie.
                    I honestly think you get more bites on softened feed pellets than you do on expanders. My reasoning for this is. That you don't feed expanders but you DO feed feed pellets and they look washed out when prepared this way so the fish think they have been on the bottom for a while and are safe to eat.
                    Prepare a coffee mug of feed pellets my way or the other lads ways and try it mate, you will also save a fortune on expensive expanders.
                    Cheers Dave, will give It a go. I'll have to get me self down to Tesco and get some gelatine!
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by pudsli View Post
                      Hi Steve.

Van den eynde R.S Elite, or Xpanda by Bait tech, you will find steve, you can only use them one time after freezing them, and when you chuck um, make sure it is outside in the bid, dont do what i did, and put them in a bin bag in the kitchen, it stank to high heaven, my mrs had to give me a slap.

All the best steve.
                      Cheers Steve. Yeah I imagine the smell of old pellets didn't go down too well! Lol!

I always pump my expanders the night before a match and put them in the fridge in a bag. A few times my wife has walked in and caught a whiff of the pellets when the bags been open - she's gone mental every time!
                      Steve

Comment

Hi Steve.

They don't smell pellet like, when left for 3 or 4 days, smell more like vomit, really do have a rancid smell.

All the best steve.

Comment

I used to just soak skettings with water and use them as hooks, but nowadays it depends on the skettings batch of pellets, so work and some don't. Might been worth a try.

Regards Steve

Comment

How do you prepare a feed pellet for the hook?

Comment

Originally posted by fordysufc View Post
                              How do you prepare a feed pellet for the hook?
                              Required amount of Skettings feed pellet in bait box, just fill with water and just above the feed pellet, 15/20 mins later drain water off and place pellet in air tight bag and place in the fridge. As i said it depends on the sketting batch, sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. There is no consistency with sketting pellets.

Regards Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X